1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mana

Discussion in 'General' started by nickhelton, 1 Aug 2008.

1. nickhelton

nickhelton What's a Dremel?

Who has more Mana?
    Jesus or Moses?

2. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Me.
    I make the potions..

3. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Moses lived longer, and since your Mana increases with you level ups....that's my bet.

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

And Moses had the divine staff, which I guess is at something like +150 mana or more. :D

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Mose. He was the only one I think who it is actually said received mana from heaven.

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Yeah, I guess he would have needed it as well. I mean, how much mana do you think it would have cost him to cast the "separate the waters" spell? Now, compare that to simple waterwalking and you know that Moses had the most mana. Simple waterwalking only cost about 25 mana or so (as far as I can remember). :D

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Depends, are we talking amount storable, or amount left when they died?

I mean, Jesus did a lot of healing the sick, apparently, and I expect 'dying for our sins' probably cost a bit too - Can't be easy to pull that one off. That and he was theoretically the son of God. His mana would have gone off the chart if he hadn't died.

That said, Moses did part a sea, which must have been quite high on the ol' mana requirement. Though, his staff could have given him mana bonuses, whether we're working on base mana, or total including bonuses, or not I don't know.

8. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I'm guessing we have to include bonuses, because Moses carried that staff everywhere, and everyone knows that a sorcerer never leaves home without his spellbook and his "gadgetry." But Jesus didn't really have any gadgets, unless you count his loincloth (which I suppose could have carried some mana bonuses) of course. You might be right that that whole "son-of-god" deal might also carry with it some mana bonuses, but even so I'm guessing that Moses (with bonuses) had a higher mana count.

Sure, JC healed a few sick, made water into wine and all that. But healing spells are quite cheap, and manipulating foodstuffs are first level spells so I doubt that anything Jesus supposedly pulled off could contend with the mana cost of parting a sea. JC also had the opportunity to rest and recharge his mana count in between healings, Moses needed to spend a whole bunch of mana at the same time splitting that sea - there's quite a bit of force behind those two walls of water I must add.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Hm, I can see what you mean.

I think, then, that Moses would have the higher mana count.

10. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Yeah, but I must admit I am a bit torn on that whole "dying for our sins" bit. But does ritual sacrifice really have a mana cost?

11. nickhelton

Did Moses bring on the plagues? Because if so that would require a lot of mana. Think of the cooldown time on a plague :hehe:

12. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Oh absolutely, forgot about those. "Fire from the heavens" spells, or better known as "Meteor shower" carries a very high mana cost. I'm sure it could have all been done with a single "wish" spell of course, but that one is too risky I suppose. Not so sure if it was Moses who triggered the plagues though, so I guess the next question would be; who has more mana, Moses or god? :D

13. nickhelton

God doesn't have mana! He runs on rage. Forget the cute little blue bar...his is red

14. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ah, of course, it is all so obvious. So, the reason for his apparent absence these last 2000+ years are due to the fact that we really haven't done much to piss him off? :D

Well, I guess those rapture-ready folks really are headed for disappointment (well, as if there ever was any doubt)... By the way, you really should check that site out - it really is a gem packed with insanity and just plain crazy! Good if you ever find a need to lower your expectations for humanity. :D

15. nickhelton

HAHA!! I just bookmarked that site. oh man...goodbye youtube, hello rapture-ready!

16. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I dunno, I'm pretty sure the big JC could have parted water if he'd wanted. I mean he spent most of his life saving up his mana for the awesomely huge "Global Fogiveness of Sin" spell. I mean, come on! It had a radius of the Earth and +100% armour penetration. There was quite literally no protection from it. What's more, he did it whilst nailed to a cross! I can't see Moses managing that, all he did was part a puddle or two.

17. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Yes, well the thing about that whole "dying for our sins" deal is a bit flawed. I mean, does ritual sacrifice cost any mana? Besides, he may very well have cast that spell, but even so not everyone is given a place in paradise because of it. So, it must not have had the radius you're describing, and second it cannot have had a +100% armor penetration. I think it was a more targeted spell seeing as how muslims, for instance, would not have been affected by it. And what about hindus? I see your point though, but we have yet to determine if ritual sacrifice does carry a mana cost.

18. nickhelton

If sacrifice gains mana then check out the Devil and his mega mana powers. Yeah you would have to look at race and class (ha). 100% overall armor penetration doesn't happen. Maybe like 12 but 100 is pushing it

19. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ah yes, and that's an interesting point. JC was human, and henceforth he would not have any mana bonuses because of race. Any opinion as to what class he would fit into? Perhaps his class came with a certain bonus to mana?

As for the devil, well sure. When talking base mana score you really can't contend with the devil.

20. nickhelton

I'm thinking some sort of warlock. I cant see him as a mage. He would probably gain mana quicker then most which is good. Moses would be a Shaman...he had a staff :D