1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mana

Discussion in 'General' started by nickhelton, 1 Aug 2008.

1. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Yes, I think you're right. He may have been a multi-class warlock/some-sort-of-priest/druid. Warlocks get a base mana bonus score sure, and priests/druids draw mana from "the great beyond" I seem to remember from my AD&D days (yes, they're over - too hard to find anyone to play with at my age these days :D ).

Moses was certainly a shaman. I also seem to remember him having other relics as well, including the stone tablets (which I'm sure carried some bonuses of some sort).

2. nickhelton

nickhelton What's a Dremel?

Oh yes, he def had a book of spells. neither Jesus nor Noses had a minion of any sort so i think straight warlock is out of the question. Neither of them could change into animals or even pulled power from animal beings so i doubt any druid blood flow thru their veins either. Leaving us with mageish priest for JC and Shaman for Moses.

I think I smell a new MMORPG brewin :hehe:

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Couldn't JC's disciples be considered minions of sorts?

4. nickhelton

wow. I missed that. People pray to him, therefore...hes gaining mana each time?

5. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Jesus' healing abilities may have meant that he had quite a bit of mana on tap...

6. nickhelton

Well of course both of them have MASSIVE amounts of mana bc parting a sea isn't something a little lvl 3 does. ha

7. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Well I have 2 photographs, taken on DSLRs:
    [​IMG]
    Win

[​IMG]
    Fail

I suppose Moses wins...

8. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Absolutely.

Hm. He also drives out demons, but that's a ritual and I don't think rituals have a mana cost unless there is a spell involved.

Also, there is another interesting question; which levels would JC and Moses be at at the height of their careers respectively?

9. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Oh well then it is decided. There really is no contending photographic evidence.

Ah, and I also notice one more interesting thing there; Moses had a cape, which I'm sure carried with it additional bonuses to his spellcasting abilities.

10. nickhelton

Yes that is an interesting question indeed. Looking at the picture, you can see JC is wearin a sash. That sash has to account for something. And look at Moses' staff!! That thing is just glowing with mana earnin ability!

11. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

You are all really sick people. XD

12. MisterTruth

MisterTruth What's a Dremel?

Surely Moses', "Death of the first born son" kinda goes in his favour?

On the other hand, if I'm not mistaken, no-one's mentioned JC's "Crown of Thorns". Maybe that gave him a wee boost as well??

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I bet the crown of thorns would have some negative modifiers too, though.

14. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Crown of Thorns:
    -20% health
    +40% influence
    -2% nits.

I think we're forgetting something here: don't confuse mana with range of spells. Moses totally owns JC in terms of his spell book size, but just cos JC's range of spells is limited to healing and fancy cookery doesn't mean he didn't have awesome mana reserves.

And besides, JC has a beard. And look what a beard did for Chuck Norris (who, incidendtally, has no mana. He doesn't need mana. He just roundhouses everything).

15. MisterTruth

MisterTruth What's a Dremel?

So what've we got?

Moses: Turning the Nile to blood, summoning frogs, summoning gnats, summoning flies, death of livestock, boils, hail, summoning locusts, turning day into darkness, death of the firstborn, a whoop ass staff, cape and a beard (more often than not he is depicted with a beard).

JC: water to wine, healing, catching a hell alot of fish, calming a sea, raising the dead (he brings back a widow's son and Lazarus), feeding 5000 men and their families, walking on water, feeding more people, Crown of Thorns, Repenting the sins of all, (or however many you'd like to say) and again, a beardy bloke.

I'd say overall, Moses is just plain showy and JC has the upperhand. There's a major flaw between being the messenger of and the son of the big cheese himself!

16. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

Jesus has a +1 Crown of thorns...

17. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

And thus a few other questions comes to mind.

Moses did not only summon a couple of frogs, gnats and locusts. I mean, there had to be millions of them! So, a standard summoning spell gets you what? 1d6+2 creatures summoned, plus a modifier given by the level of the spellcaster. Now, surely Moses would be quite a high-level caster in order to summon a few million locusts? And we all now that the higher level you are, the more mana you've got. Also, let's not forget that the river Nile is not just any insignificant little stream; it's a very sizeable flood, and converting all those millions of liters of water continuously (because a river is not static) to blood would take quite a hefty chunk of mana I would imagine.

So, we have to establish what levels Moses and JC were at.

Now, JC was quite a young man when he died (in his thirties if I'm not mistaken), whilst Moses lived to be 120 years old. That has to account for something.

18. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

See post #3.

19. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ah yes, already been brought up. Oh well, but we still haven't established their respective levels as spellcasters. :D

20. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

JESUS Cheesecake!!! not only did he cast heal, he casted RESURRECT! not only that, Jesus casted RESURRECT >>>ON HIMSELF<<<

Now that's pretty damn good.