1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which button on your gamepad do you wear out the fastest?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Elz, 3 Aug 2008.

1. Elz

Elz miaow

Personally, my 360 pad (used with a PC) has an extremely worn out right shoulder button - a sign of years and years of players running during every second of all those games of Pro Evo.

Now it's a little tough, and doesn't always register. So Altair sometimes blends when I'm trying to get him to sprint :) It's caused me to buy a new controller!

Alright it's a slightly silly question, but I was just wondering what kind of trauma your gamepads go through and what, if anything, it says about your gaming habits.

Last edited: 3 Aug 2008
  2. alastor

alastor Minimodder

All of mine are working just fine but the left trigger on one of my 360 pads develops a squeak every now and then. It's supremely annoying in driving games :grr:

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Always the A button (Xbox) or X (Sony), the bottom button of the 4 thumb buttons. Mainly because it is the most comonly used button in games as a "use" button or "jump" etc.

However I have noticed my RB button my 360 pad wearing out. Sometimes I got to press really hard because it doesnt register 50% the time.

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I don't think any of my pads have worn out, my 360 and xbox pads are still fine (the triggers are a bit squeaky but they've always been). My PS2 ones are a bit worse for wear, the rubber cover of the analogue sticks looks like it has athletes foot and on a couple of pads the L/R2 buttons get caught when I press them down hard. One of them has milk in too.

5. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

BHAHAHA, well done mate

6. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Anyone played Beijing Olympic game? How to wreck a pad in 10 minutes...

7. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

I have the same problem as alastor, trigger buttons on the 360 controller are majorly squeaky, which is fookin annoying to say the least, luckily no other buttons are feeling the burn just yet. The squeak developed after i got GRiD strangely enough, lool

8. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Pad and hand tbh. Murderous game!

9. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I broke an old Xbox pad on Pro-Evo many years ago, managed to detach one of the thumbsticks. Simply from weeks and weeks of playing it non-stop online for several hours a-day... aaaaaah the days of being a lazy student.

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

PS2 controllers suffered greatly. Pretty much every button died on every controller, I went through about three sets of two in my time.

11. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

the wasd keys on my gamepad for sure ;)

12. MisterTruth

MisterTruth What's a Dremel?

Left analog for my first x360 controller, ended up panning up or down by itself... Not quite sure how I did it mind you...

13. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Im still using my gamecube controller that i have had from the day the gamecube came out. and it still looks and works as good a new.

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

A friends original Xbox controller did that after some miserable git kicked it.

15. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

the right stick on one of my 360 pads makes a clicky sort of noise now and again and the wired pad I modded myself has a problem with one of the bumper buttons sticking on now and again (but I think I just need to open it back up and move the button a little). Other than that no problems

16. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

2 of my ps2 controllers broke, the L2 and R2 buttons got jammed. They fixed it with the ps3 controllers, but somehow managed to break the R1 and L1 buttons this time. They don't spring back out and are extremely stiff. Luckily i never have friends over to play ps3 (we play brawl on the wii) so i still have 3 controllers which is more than enough.

17. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

A friend managed to spill beer over one of my orignal Xbox controllers, which resulted in me getting an electric shot when cleaning it and then about 3 months of sticky buttons until it eventually went back to normal. The triggers on one of my 360 controllers can squeek every now and then but the rest are fine.

18. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

My original N64 analogue sticks wore out (grey shavings everywhere) and the springs went a lot.

19. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

FF7 caused my circle button to go before the rest in the PS1, X seemed strangely resilient for me, outlasting triangle and square too (may have something to do with soulblade, I loved that game)

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I have an history of killing 1 mouse every 3months, but for some reason all my gamepads are in near perfect condition even after years of use. Only the PSX joysticks' rubber covers are a little damaged. Hell even my N64 controllers work perfectly after 10 years of Mario Kart domination