1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who will win the console war?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 12 Jun 2008.

?

and the winner this generation is:

1. PS3, a young gun with a lot of potential

34 vote(s)
    43.6%
  2. XBOX, solid in very many ways. but it's got ring burn...

25 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. Wii, party people!

19 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ahahaha!

The Infinium Phantom or whatever the hell it was called.

Side note: There isn't really a 'winner', only losers (EG: The Dreamcast). I doubt this generation will see a 'loser', to be quite frank. They're all selling pretty well, the software is moving on all three consoles, accessories are going steadily.

Unless someone makes a catastrophic error, or someone drops their console price to £50, I honestly do not see anything changing much from the current until the next round of consoles are launched.

2. JesterQ

JesterQ What's a Dremel?

I think the wii is out on it's own really. It's target market is so different from the others that it can't be included. It does dip it's toe in the water, of the fps / driving etc but the game's are crap on the whole.

The demographic that it's targetted at is 'family' / 'group' events and the sports titles work really well.

The traditional consol market is left to the other two... of them PS3 for me. Didn't like the Xbox.

3. inverted

inverted What's a Dremel?

In terms of sales the wii will win easily. In terms of 'goodness' I think all three are good and all have their individual pros and cons. Personally though I think the PS3 is the best just because I don't want to give gates anymore money :D

4. kempez

kempez modding again!

Ye give it to Sony's CEO, much more fun.

Isn't Bill retiring soon?

5. staples

staples What's a Dremel?

I thought the consumer was already winning to be honest.

Difficult to separate them, I want all 3 of them!

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I think I agree with the sentiments above really - there's no real winner other than the consumer this time around.

We've got 3 awesome mainstream consoles, each with its own benefits and unique features. The only real problem is that we'd all love all 3 of 'em tbh... :(

7. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I think the PS3 and Xbox360 are both pretty well matched, and will remain so to the rest of this generation. However, Nintendo have been clever. They have seen that they can't win against Sony or Microsoft in the traditional game console market, so instead they have created another market where they can.

Because of this they pretty much have a monopoly in the growing casual family gaming market with the Wii and the DS. Also they have a big head start in the next generation of machines.

It would not surprise me if Microsoft and Sony release a "proper" game console and casual family gaming machine next gen.

So in answer to your question, it will be a tie in the traditional console war between Sony and Microsoft, and an big early win for Nintendo in the battle for non traditional gamers.

8. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

heavy rain

[​IMG]

looks like PS3 has the upper hand

9. joytime360

joytime360 What's a Dremel?

Well this is going to be a long war, it is still very hard to say which one should be the best, they are still making approvements accordingly.

10. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

tbh, pc has DX10 and so far...it's done bugger all but put crysis and vista in a bad light

11. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Graphics != gameplay.

12. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

gameplay != win