1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling clean insides and wiring of Gigabyte Galaxy Watercooling kit pump

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bwuggley5, 24 Jul 2008.

1. bwuggley5

bwuggley5 What's a Dremel?

The pump does not work and may be stuck only with the white appearing corrosion that is so evident through all the 1/2" tubes rather than the pump be broken.
    I have left the pump connected to the reservoir and filled the reservoir with water and given the two a shake and have left them that way for 3 months and soon I will try to start the pump hoping it will work.
    The last time I tried to start the system with the pump connected to a motherboard the kit siren went and the water did not move around the system.
    This is the kit I am posting about and is not "my kit" but my kit is complete but not working like I said.

[​IMG]

This is the pump showing the connector to the reservoir where the Gigabyte auto cut off mechanism has its ciruit board housed...in the bottom of the reservoir.

[​IMG]

I had to make the 6 pin connector because the guy I bought the kit from cut the wires and the connector off so I had to make the 6 pin connector and rewire it and the motherboard pin socket and the rest of it.... I am still hoping I connected the wires correctly.

This is the 6 pin connector I made...the bottom picture shows the end of the connector which has the 6 sockets for the 6 pins but the webcamera does not a very good picture make.
    ...also I think you will not see the wiring in detail to see if I wired it correctly. I did spend some time thinking where to put each wire and I "think" I have that right.
    When I tried out the watercooling system the siren went and the LEDs lit up so I suppose I got something right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...btw, I do not drink alcohol, the tankard is a great coffee cup.

I wanted to ask how to clean the insides of the pump hoping the reason the pump did not work is the corrosionout but I have found a thread about using lemon juice in water and there is a lemon tree here so...has anyone some advice as to how much lemon to use and how to approach the flushing of the pump?

Last edited: 11 Aug 2008
  2. bwuggley5

...:worried:...lemon it is then...50/50 mix :confused:

3. vbshawn

vbshawn What's a Dremel?

hey bwuggley5 do you have an email address or msn i can contact you at? i lost my wire for my gigabyte water cooling pump too and i would like to know how to make my own wire and stuff like your did.

please email me at shwn_zh@yahoo.com

4. bwuggley5

vbshawn...

...you can ask me here and this may be a help to other people interested in rewiring the kit.
    Doing this with emails between 2 of us would ruin the purpose of the forum.
    ...anyway, the pictures I found of the Galaxy kit showed the 6 pin socket connector and the power wiring clearly so I copied the paths of the colours and connections of the each wire and went from there...?
    ...it is a hit and miss exercise because when I assembled the kit and started the computer the Galaxy kit siren went. The cpu LEDs shone ok and both kit fans spun but no pump movement.
    It may have been waiting for a connection to the cpu somewhere along the line...lol...so...figure me out!...duh I think...
    I will try the kit again soon and this time have the whole kit connected as it should be. But if the pump is not going to work then I will use the kit with a submersible 600LPH fountain pump I bought and go without the Gigabyte low water level (I think) auto cut off feature.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2008
  5. bwuggley5

This is what I came up with after some looking and looking and....[​IMG]
    By nickleboms at 2008-08-10

PW = Motherboard Power switch connector
    Molex looking pic is the molex from the power supply...
    ...and I am still hoping I got the rest of the wiring correct

Last edited: 13 Aug 2008
Tags: