1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA: No Spore demo, expansions planned

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Aug 2008.

1. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Is it just the wording or can I buy one copy of the game and install it on both my laptop and PC so both myself and my partner can play at the same time? Or is it just a little bit of leeway?

2. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Try uninstalling the game from a corrupted/crashed harddrive. How do I get my install credit back then? Besides I still have games that I install from time to time that I played back in 96' on my first PC. This rig in particular is my 4th desktop in that timeframe (laptops not included). I've also had at least 4 harddrives go belly up in the last 12 years or so. DRM needs to just f***'n go away!

3. Sublym3

Sublym3 What's a Dremel?

The DRM isnt that bad, you dont even notice it. Mass effect worked without the slightest problem.

I am glad EA is improving as they have created/bought good IPs and it would be shame if they stuffed them all up.

4. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    When did EA changed the way limited installs will behave, CardJoe?! :confused:
    At the announcement of DRM in Spore, it was supposed to be same as Mass Effect.
    Three limited activations, with no way of geting back activations and hardware changes triggering the use of a new activation.
    When you expend the three allowed activations, you must call or e-mail EA and beg for a new activation credit.
    If you install the game in two OS (XP and Vista) and then upgrade to a new graphic card, the game will need to be reactivated in both OSes, the first OS will expend your last activation and you will need to contact EA for the second OS activation (your fourth activation).
    You dont need the DVD drive to be in the drive, though.
    Securom.
    Thats EAs plan, DXR_13KE.

PS
    From EAs mouth, in regards to the Creature Editor, with the usual marketing spin lingo:
    Thats the DRM to be expected in Spore.

Last edited: 19 Aug 2008
Tags: Add Tags