1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dyack: "Epic defrauded the industry"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Aug 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

I have no sympathy for epic based on their joining the pc gaming alliance before repeatedly slagging of pc gaming. I hope they lose for those reasons alone.

3. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Tim Sweeney is a twofaced treacherous *******, Cliffy B and all his other cronies are just as bad. They went to consoles so they could do halfassed, bland, boring games like gears of war and still have people crawling over them for it. Screw them, I hope they get them.

4. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I liked Eternal Darkness... I'm on their side :p besides, I can't imagine them going to court over something like this unless they have substantial evidence, if they lose they'd probably be put into financial ruin...

5. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

@bowman: Nothing wrong with making games for consoles also- the most lucrative market there is at the moment.

6. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Unreal engine sucks anyway...

7. adamc

adamc What's a Dremel?

yeah Eternal Darkness was a sweet game... and if what SK are claiming is true, then the PC Gaming Alliance suffers another setback. With UE3, the engine being 'championed', and probably the most licensed, failing to provide proper documentation and support, developers are going to further struggle in an already inhospitable climate.

8. TommyVD

TommyVD What's a Dremel?

Too bad the game blows...

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

This, coming from a company that's taken damn near ten years to get a game from announcement to release?

Yeah, I honestly don't care that they're incapable of releasing a game.

Hell, they've made a game that seems to be mostly a grindfest. I'm not sure where he's coming from with the 'misled developers' crap. Everyone else with the Unreal 3 Engine seems to have made a game with it. It seems to be quite capable of terrain destruction.

I don't see how it's Epics fault that they couldn't work the engine, sounds like a classic case of PEBKAC over actual engine flaws.

Doesn't help that the game seems to be a massive pile of suck :/

10. bowman

bowman Minimodder

There is something wrong with making games for consoles when you've made the money you're spending on that console development on PC games over the years, to then go and develop console exclusives (the port scraps thrown to the PC a year later doesn't count) while simultaneously badmouthing the PC platform THAT THEY GREW ON in the worst of ways.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/36390/118/

'Hi, yeah, if it wasn't for the PC and all the idiots who bought our games we never would've been around to do all these short, bland console games, we're still going to act as if that never happened, though.' Get lost.

11. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

I couldn't care any less about SK, but I HATE Epic.. They're such dicks.

12. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I actually am looking forward to Too Human. So good on them to sue Epic for being blatant arses

13. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

DEATH TO EPIC :p

Twonks, they got me excited about every Unreal game since UT99 and they all blew.

14. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

Dyack is full of ****...
    obviously none of you have heard his visits to the 1up podcast where he goes on for 2 hours about social engineering.. and basically makes excuses for his games. 1up have been a supporter of Dyack but even they gave it a C-.

its impossible to re-write an engine in the time they talked about, flat out impossible. What they are actually trying to do is steal Epic's intellectual property and get 10+ years of engine technology for free by claiming they re-wrote it and that Epic breached contract.

and how convenient that the game should suck because it all re affirms their ******** story.

**** SK!

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

no matter which side is correct, it seems Epic is in need of a managment and PR reform. talking crap and being sued.

16. _Metal_Guitar_

_Metal_Guitar_ What's a Dremel?

Don't like either, but I'm sick of every game having the same damn run/cover/shoot mechanics...I hope epic bleed to death.

Best game on the U3 was Batman. I'd like a Cryengine 2 version of B:AA. Infact, I'd like a Cryengine 2 version of everything.

17. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Holy thread necro, batman!

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

damnit

I read the whole fcking news for nothing :hehe:

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

[​IMG]

smc8788 likes this.
Tags: Add Tags