1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Profect: Unsterbliche

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Gott-Maschine, 17 Aug 2008.

1. yeknom

yeknom What's a Dremel?

Eek, passive rad-servoir seems like a bad idea.

2. Gott-Maschine

Gott-Maschine I overheated my dremel and it died.

Before I put the fans on the reservoir/rad, It was running 65-70C on the CPU, around 80C on the GPU, 78C on the chipset, and PWMIC at 84C.
    Now, it's at 38C on the CPU, 48 -50 on the GPU, 67C on the PWMIC, and 63C on the chipset.

In my opinion, it runs pretty well. Nice and cool.:D

And, the reason I used a passive Rad, is it saved me aroun 90$ off my original plan, and my budget kinda dropped, as I had not spnsors or anything at the time, now, FrozenCpu is helping me out with prices, so I won't have to go passive anymore.

3. tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan Time To Live Customs

Just so you know matey. You have a passive RESERVOIR its not a rad at all!

I do hope that those temps are at full load, yet Im thinking not. You could have ahd a good rad with better temps and quieter.

4. welshd1k

welshd1k What's a Dremel?

5. Gott-Maschine

It's running those temps on secondlife ultra w/ total tops graphics, firefox, itunes all at the same time, and when I crank up assasin's creed on total, it only gets 10-14C hotter on the CPU, and 20C on the GPU.

6. tinytomlogan

Try running orthos mate, those temps are WAY too high, you need a rad.

7. Gott-Maschine

I know I do... My client's budget SUCKS. They got great parts, but went all sour on the cooling system price, so I had to make due with what they said they'd pay. If I had 80$ more to spend, I would have done a 120mm dual or triple fan rad, and gotten a smaller version of this reservoir. Lol, it works well anyways.

8. Gott-Maschine

Temps are holding steady on orthos, the chipset went up 3C, and goes up 1 every 4 minutes now, and the PSU has gone up to 78. Overall, I'd say it's not bad. Without the 3 fans on the res/rad and the two front casefans, it would undoubtedly be red temps across the board.

9. Gott-Maschine

Final Update... Finished shots

Ok, I do not have my nice photo-shoot area up in SC like I do in FL, so I just took the pics on the living room table I built the computer on. Hope you like em! :rock:

[​IMG] The front of the rig.

[​IMG] Nice shot showing the top and front.

[​IMG] Window side with flash on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] A nice window shot.

[​IMG] Rear of the rig.

[​IMG] A nice shot of the window and floor from above.

Ok, any comments and questions are welcome, so feel free to ask or tell. This mod is now Officially Complete. YAY!:thumb:

10. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

A top mounted 120mm radiator would make a big difference in temps.

11. tinytomlogan

Those temps are NOT good matey. An air cooler would have been better. With it running a game for a few hours on a warm day or with the heating on in winter you risk it going BANG!

He cant be worried about noise because of the ammount of fans you have running anyways! all the fans just makes it look untidy and ruin the look.

You should have just got the LT version of the mobo rather than the UT and use the saved money for cooling. You payed extra money for the mosfet heatsink and you cant clock it properly anyways!

12. welshd1k

thoes temps are crazzy i ran a q6600 on a passive cooled tuniq tower 120 (fan not fitted) and my 8800gtx with a passive pa120.2 and got lower temps :S

and my q6600 is running at 3.2

gtx would idle @ 30 max out @ 40
    cpu idle @ 34 max @ 55

and i was worried about the 55!!!!

that rig is sooo gonna pop

i bet the stock coolers do a better job!!!!

13. welshd1k

if you lived in the uk id GIVE you a 240mm rad to throw in it to prove that a 240 cheapo rad will do 10x better

14. Gott-Maschine

I know the temps suck, but the buyer didn't want to shell out any more money, so I had no choice. I did not get payed for this, it was for family, so it's not like I could throw in some of my profits to make it rad cooled. Plus, I don't exactly have ANY money, so I gotta do as I'm told, and I was told, just go with the passive. Overall, it works ok, it's not like its gonna go bang with what it's being used for. The owner wants it to be a powerful media computer, capable of editing mega high resolution pictures and such without the lag they usually get on their old Hp. I honestly was going to mount a dual 120mm fan cooled Radiator on the roof of the case, and use a shorter version of that reservoir to hold the fluid, but the money ran out on the liquid cooling system. This computer WILL NOT be used for serious gaming, in fact, it will probably not even be used for gaming at all, so there shouldn't be any temp problems. So please, enough about the passive cooling issue, let's talk about the mod itself.

Oh, and btw it is actually silent, the fans are extremely quiet. The only thing I hear is the pump, but i have to right up on the case to hear it.

Last edited: 21 Aug 2008
  15. Gott-Maschine

UPDATE!!!
    I convinced the owner to get a rad system, so I'mma get on over to FrozenCpu and get some parts. However, it might be a while from now till I can install the rad, as this comp stays in SC, while I live in FL. I MIGHT be able to take it down with me when I return tomorrow, or the day after, and next-day air-mail the parts to FL to be constructed and sent back up the road, but not likely. I will be back up during christmas, but I doubt before then. The rad I'm goin for is a Danger Den Black Ice GT dual 120mm rad.

16. tinytomlogan

Look at the thermochill rads, team them up with some quiet fans and it will still be almost silent matey ;)

The Black Ice rads need alot of airflow which = noise

17. Gott-Maschine

Ok, thanks, it's only around 10 bucks more; no probs there. I also was lookin at some cooler master fans.

18. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Scythe fans or Noctua are the way to go.

19. Gott-Maschine

Ok, thanks.

20. .Fatality.

.Fatality. What's a Dremel?

nice! i love lian li! the best moding case!

Tags: