1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Gooey_GUI, 21 Aug 2008.

1. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

x

Last edited: 27 Feb 2017
  2. OldSnakeWontDie

OldSnakeWontDie What's a Dremel?

Why the Republicans?

3. Gooey_GUI

x

4. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

the only reason america has "military difficult times" right now is because its become a habit for america to invade some one the moment the president gets bored or if the day of the week ends in the letter Y.

5. Gooey_GUI

x

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I can't believe this bullcrap is coming from you.

First, the Bush administration planned the Iraq invasion as soon as he got into office (fact: even they admitted it). Second, the US is the nation that consistently pushed and cajoled for both invasions, in case of Iraq against UN resolutions, and got other countries to collude with the act. It started the fight. Third, I'd think you'd recognise sarcasm, but while we're at it Mr. Literal, there is no good reason to start a war. Fourth, the invasion of Iraq (and quite arguably, Afghanistan) had nothing to do with 9/11 --except perhaps that they were so focussed on finding pretexts to do so that they totally ignored intelligence suggesting that this Osama character was up to something. They got caught with their pants down on 9/11 because they were wanking over war plans for Iraq, to put it bluntly.

Korea: the division of Korea was arranged between the Allies at the Potsdam Conference, without consulting the wishes of the Korean people to be free of foreign interference. The US invited itself to a war between North and South Korea because it wanted to counter the Communist threat (and Russia had invited itself also). Vietnam: same scenario, really. Bosnia: the US joined in as part of NATO and the UN. Gulf War V1.0: Just ask April Glaspie about the US' role in that one... and who put Saddam in charge of Iraq in the first place, and sold him all those weapons he committed his heinous acts of war and brutality with? Right.

That good old "We saved your ass in WWII" or "We're defenders of the Free World" rhetoric is growing a bit stale too.

Lessee, uhh, because they, like, started it, and faked intelligence to other countries to get their cooperation?

No, the US is being presented with the bill of their all-you-can-eat frenzie and is skipping desert to get out of the restaurant before it runs up a higher tab. The oil deals are being signed, locking Iraq into handing over a significant chunk of the profits to the four major oil companies for the next 30 years. They got what they came for, so it's time to bail.

7. Rum&Coke

Rum&Coke What's a Dremel?

From what I've read on Lieberman he's a cowardly middleclass democrat's wet dream; democratic on the environment, gay rights and social security while he has a hard on for bombing other countries, increasing censorship and actually passed a senate recommendation for condeming colleges for "anti-americanism" regarding Iraq war protests. He is way more republican than he'd admit. Voting McCain because he used to be a soldier because therefore he must be good at international defence is like putting a Butcher in charge of a farm because he's worked with cows in the past

8. Gooey_GUI

x

9. Ryu_ookami

It was meant to be simplistic, it was also meant to be sarcastic.

However seeing as you were going on about 9/11, the Uk also got bombed via suicide bombers did we see it as an immediate reason to invade somebody no we didn't.

Yes, the UK fought in the gulf war etc etc however our prime minister doesn't repeatedly make comments such as "I'm a war president" whilst smiling and appearing on national Television. If he did he wouldn't be prime minister for long at a rough guess basically your president got re-elected because he (and by he I also mean his, party etc etc) hyped up to a major extent the level of the threat that existed.

Don't get me wrong 9/11 was a horrific experience for anyone that was involved that's blatantly clear however by going on his "we will chase them down, no matter where they are" speech and then invading any country with oil claiming that the terrorists are there. He lost a lot of the sympathy that America was getting and before you say "the terrorists were there, we needed to invade" its amazing how now that the oil lines in Georgia are being threatened that he has seen the need to send in troops to protect the Georgia people, "yep another country in the oil pipeline, better protect it in case terrorists try to steal our....I mean your oil" and yes, that was sarcasm to just to be clear about the fact.

10. Gooey_GUI

x

11. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Its a world market for oil as long as it can be freely traded and the US being the largest consumer of petrol (gas) means individual consumers feel it much more when the price bites, ie flow restricted by Russians or "unfriendly" opec countries not towing the line. Just becuase the oil is destined for Europe doesn't mean its not going to effect the price of gasoline to the US, especially when a large chunk of the Gasoline in Europe is shipped to the states

12. Gooey_GUI

x

13. Ryu_ookami

I got your sending troops to Georgia from

UK

China

US

thats 3 different news papers from 3 different countries who all say the same thing amazing how they are all wrong and your right isn't it :eeek:

14. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Did you read the post you replied to? The USA is shipping aid to Georgia in military planes. That's quite a different matter to putting troops on the ground to actually fight..

15. Ryu_ookami

1. I never said anywhere in my post that the troops were going to fight

2. yes, the aid is going in via military airplanes and warships for now but if its only aid then why is it going in via American military rather than NATO transports (which to be frank has a reputation that shows a more peaceful manner than the American military) especially considering Georgia has applied to join NATO.

16. Gooey_GUI

x

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Dig deeper.

The situation with Japan attacking the US was larely a result of the US' long standing foreign policy towards Japan.

Korea and Vietnam were both a result of the former Allies carving up territories.

First Gulf War? The US put Saddam in office, supported him in a bloody war with Iran (and you wonder why they hate you?) supplied him with weapons, and then as much as said "Hey, go ahead, take the Rumaila oil fields. We don't care".

Afghanistan? 9/11 was planned by a Saudi national, executed by Saudi nationals, funded by Saudi money and ideologically driven from Saudi Arabia. Any plans to invade Saudi Arabia yet?

Second Gulf War: the intelligence was practically fabricated. The UK supported the US, and it cost the PM his job.

I wonder why that is? After 9/11 practically every country sympathised with the US. There was an unprecedented global display of goodwill, even from many of its political adversaries. Bush managed to piss that away in record time. Sow, reap.

It has gas pipelines. The US encouraged the formation of the Taiban in 1996 because it would bring stability to the region and keep those pipes safe from Commie hands. Again, dig deeper.

18. Glider

Glider /dev/null

I love how 9/11 still is THE excuse to do everything... I wonder why the jewish people aren't attacking the entire world for what happened during WW2 to them, that surely was a lot worse then what happened on 9/11...

19. Gooey_GUI

x

20. Gooey_GUI

x