1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

homemade water cooling for everyone ;) - january, 2006.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by turpija, 5 Jan 2006.

1. Echo

Echo What's a Dremel?

I'm glad I didn't find this project until now, I don't think I could have waited.. Absolutly fantastic! I can't really top the comments that have been said, but to let you know, here's another huge huge fan of your work! :thumb: Perfect! And the water colour change made it better! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

2. Pkirk618

Pkirk618 What's a Dremel?

dude, I too am glad I didn't have to wait for your updates. It was cool nursing it all in at my own pace ;)

Let me tell you, I laughed so hard while reading your comments. You got some sense of humor. I loved the comment about the "trip" oh man, pure genious.

As for the mod--AW INSPIRING. You could have quit when you had doubters in the beggining but you didn't--sick persistant *******!!!:)

You should be proud of yourself. I don't think the OC you got is a testament to your skills. You got a ****** CPU that's all. It happens to everyone.

Thanks for the laughs and the pics and the inspiration.

JOB WELL DONE brutha.

3. CeeKay

CeeKay What's a Dremel?

Jeez... It took me like three hours of drooling and constantly picking my chin up off the floor just to get to the end of this...

[edit] better off in a PM to him...[/edit]

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I was sent the link via. IRC, and after seeing the CPU block and the radiator, I wanted to see just how this would go... Then I got into it, watching him build each block, the grilles, and even in the PSU!? THAT takes some balls! Major props for that! :clap:

Now I gotta go to my local salvage yard and see what I can find for a water cooling build of my own. I LOVE the idea of the reservoir window! Looking into that case makes it look like it's full of water!!!! :rock::rock::rock: And the bubbles just add to it! In all fairness, this build was so amazing that I had to register just to add this comment. Awesome job, turpija!!!

- CK

Last edited: 6 Jan 2008
  4. MonkeyNutZ

MonkeyNutZ Crysis Fiend

That was amazing!

I read page one, the two, then three...

That was just freaking incredible.

:jawdrop:

5. Subwoofer

Subwoofer What's a Dremel?

Really nice project, amazing, but i'm not really impressed by the temperatures...

grtz

6. rambo

rambo What's a Dremel?

rely nice looking and origal project dude hope it don't leek or anything.

7. perkins teh modder

perkins teh modder What's a Dremel?

8. shuffman37

shuffman37 Mini Gamer

I really like your project! I'm planning on building a custom case for a project this summer and i thin i might post it on here. GREAT PROJECT!
    The cpu overclock isn't the best but it was a good system that you built. :clap:

9. ocentity

ocentity What's a Dremel?

@turpija's project!
    oh man such a inspiration!.....i just loved every bit of it...gone through all post of this thread and actually thinking forward for my own water cooling like it............just registered ; and posted ma first post to show just how lovely ....this project is.......may b i m late and bumping a old thread but :hell ya: awesome work done!.....!......:dremel::dremel::rock::thumb::D:D

10. DoOb's

DoOb's Overclocker/Modder

Love it man, a Job well done, alot of work with all those waterblocks and tubing... a big UP to you mate

11. clayten

clayten What's a Dremel?

Starting my own homemade mod

Hi all
    I've had an old perspex Gigabyte case that i've been slowly modding over the past couple of years. I read turpija's mod quite a while back; and it really struck me as quite inginuative I loved the look of it, and the simplicity of it all.
    Recently, after a trip, I picked up my beloved case off the airport conveyor belt only to hear tiny bits of smashed perspex rattling around inside the heavly bubble wrapped package. I had abused my case everyday for 4 years (lan Party's, work, etc), but all it took was 1 (one) trip on South African (SH**Y) Airways!! I could have thrown it off the truck myself.
    Anyway, spilt milk, I've looked at all the bust pieces, and decided that I'm gonna go turpija's route and rebuild it around a huge resivour. Iv'e read over his mod and come up with my own version that applies some of his methods, and some of the methods that people suggested. Hopefully my entirelly hand made water cooled system will go together as easily, I only hope I dont butcher myseld like he did.

I would like to make all the water cooling components myself (bar psu), But i think I'll start with the radiator, and see how it goes.
    I've drawn up plans to make the following -

-RADIATOR
    -RESIVOUR
    -FLOW RESISTORS
    -FLOW METERS
    -CPU WATERBLOCK
    -GPU WATERBLOCK
    -N/BRDGE WATERBLOCK
    -2X HDD WATERBLOCKS

The only component I will buy is the pump. (hopefully)
    If my drawings are right, I should only use 6.6 metres of 15mm copper tube (ID) , 1X2m perspex ,and 1x1m copper sheet, and lots of nuts and bolts!

I do have some questions on some parts that are bothering me, I have searched the net and done some research, but theres nothing like getting some good opinions from the guys at Bit-tech.net

1. I'm worried about water resistance in my radiator. It'll have 40 passes, and water will travel 6 meters inside the copper tubing (15mm Inside Diameter)
    2. How many litres per hour should my pump pump? Is 450 LPH enough?
    3. What will be best to cool the blocks, Smooth straight through blocks to get faster flow, or Roughed blocks to get turbulance and more copper to water contact?
    4. I've heard that the perspex sometimes cracks ontop of some manufactured waterblocks, should I be worried about this when I build mine? (perspex 10mm thick)

Will post my plans tomorrow

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Clayten please start your own thread if you are planning your own project.

13. clayten

clayten What's a Dremel?

Sorry, done.:thumb:

14. Anima

Anima What's a Dremel?

Nice work man!

Got me thinking of doing my own:thumb: - thats why i registered..

But one thing haunts my mind: where do you buy all the copper for the project? - In denmark, it's quite expensive, so i thougt of a cheap place to buy some, fx. in europe.

Mine is supposed to cool a HTPC, and it needs to be dead silent!

What pumps are preferred for such a build? - decent flow, high efficiency and silent operation is key.

It will cool a cpu (AMD 4850E), a chipset, and maybe extended to the use for cooling a reciever (Onkyo TX-SR805)

Hope it's ok that i use the thread!

15. ReaPr1965

ReaPr1965 What's a Dremel?

Radiator

I have found and old air conditioner core makes a damn good radiator.

16. ReaPr1965

ReaPr1965 What's a Dremel?