1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Display upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vers, 25 Aug 2008.

1. Vers

Vers ...

I'm finally looking to replace my ViewSonic E90f with an LCD--primarily for image editing but also for a bit of gaming (also own a BenQ FP202W as a secondary). I 'narrowed' my choices down to the following: NEC MultiSync LCD2190UXi, Samsung SyncMaster XL20, Eizo S2431W, Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP. Anyone have any advice and or first hand experience/expertise on the topic?

2. martyp

martyp What's a Dremel?

For color work you won't go far wrong with the Eizo if you're willing to spend that much! :thumb:

At work I use a Dell, which TBH isn't all that bad, plus its a hell of a lot cheaper! Also if you get it properly calibrated you should get away with it IMO.

3. Vers

Vers ...

What Dell do you use at work? As for budget, I can do anything at or around $1200.

4. martyp

martyp What's a Dremel?

I've got the Dell E248WFP at work. I think it's the same panel as the 2408WFP however it doesn't have all the unnecessary inputs (ie. HDMI, Composite, Component, S-Video, USB and Card Reader) and its got a non-height adjustable stand.

You can pick it up for $350, the 2408WFP (which you may prefer if you want loads of inputs) is $599.

Dell E248WFP Linky

Tags: