1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics nvidia physx or not

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by llah66, 30 Aug 2008.

1. llah66

llah66 What's a Dremel?

Just read this months custom pc and was glad to see that u can now use the physx effects when downloaded as a patch.I have always assumed that my g/c has been able to do this (g/force 8800 gts 512 mb sparkle) as its had the ageia program installed, so i downloaded the patch the nvidia corperation program is showning on my program memory so i clicked on it and the ageia program came up but said that no ageia processer installed ?. SO i would like to know can my graphics card run the physx program or do i have to buy a physx processer to run that feature as i always thought that the graphic card would be able to do that?
    regards andy:wallbash:

2. Peter187

Peter187 What is a Dremel?

No you don't have to buy the PhysX processer and I don't think it's being manufactured for sale anymore because Nvidia bought it and intergrated it into the GPU, I downloaded the drivers for this and it works fine but you gotta have PhysX enabled games to take advantage of the effects. The driver is 177.92 and the PhysX is part of this driver.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/download.asp

3. llah66

llah66 What's a Dremel?

thanxs m8 sorted downloaded the nvidia patch today and all my programs/games etc run fine
    :clap:

4. 7755matt

7755matt What's a Dremel?

has it made any differences to benchmarks? cpc didnt seem to think it did a lot, or i may have misread teh article