1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scythe Round Shaped 140mm Equivalent Sized 120mm Case Fan

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Guest-16, 1 Sep 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

And you'll need to cut the 120mm case holes bigger or 90% of the extra flow is wasted. I don't think this excites me. :yawn:

3. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

If using it as a case fan. They also mention it as usable on a CPU heatsink, here it might be a better application. But as a case fan I agree with you, it will also stick out a bit as the fan exceeds the limits of the screws so you might also find that it doesn't fit anyway even though the screws match up.

4. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

I'd be interested to try it on the side of a Scythe Ninja or the like, where all the airflow could be used...

5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I think it would overlap and be wasted (Ninja = 110 x 110 x 150mm high). I've heard of people fitting 92mm fans to the Ninja (I think when their memory got in the way of a 120mm fan) without noticeable performance hit.

Where I might be tempted to fit one would be on the back of the upper hard drive bay in my P182, blowing air at the northbridge and passive GPU. But a slow 120mm is doing a good job there already.

6. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

It does seem from the pictures that they might lend themselves best to a DIY fitting within a case, the holes seem quite accessable for ties etc.

7. prosser13

prosser13 Hasn't got a Dremel!