1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What keyboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by olv, 26 Mar 2003.

1. olv

olv he's so bright

Ok my keyboard has finally pissed me off enough... sometimes keys decided to work and sometimes they don't and i've just had enough. i want a comfortable sleek keyboard that is very smooth and easy to type on, no big clunky keys. and i don't want it to cost the earth.

any suggestions?

2. complexprocess

complexprocess What's a Dremel?

I'm using this one from Memorex, only in black and silver. It looks awesome and I'm in love with the key action. I think I'll stock up on them just in case they stop producing them.

I wish I could get it without the hotkeys though, just because I never use them and am so pressed for desk space here at school. If I didn't have so little space I wouldn't mind them at all.

3. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

im lookinjg at the logitech elite keyboard, and If I can win a few $100 gift cert for my uni bookstore I might co for the cordless duo.

4. olv

olv he's so bright

5. §§...

§§... What's a Dremel?

i have the same keyboard, only it's cordless, as part of the cordelss optical freedom set, have been using for about 1.5 years now, with no probs, the hotkeys are quite useful, esp if you dont like dragging your mouse everywhere, like me.. :D
    only prob i had was with the itouch software, which rebooted my sytem sometimes, but that was when i just bought it, works fine now with updated software

6. studentgaza

studentgaza What's a Dremel?

when im at uni i use a wireless keyboard with built in touchpad which is very handy, at home in the kitchen ive got a wired waterproof 1 and its a good job it is lol cuz my mums spilt all sorts over it since lol

7. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

The apple slim keyboard is hands down, the best keyboard I've ever used... so nice to type on, very comfortable, and the sleekest looking thing around.

I used to use the diNovo Edge but the apple puts it to shame.

8. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

I'd recommended a Razer Lycosa, except for the bit about

and also...

So... umm?

9. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

You might indeed like the Apple Keyboard. The good old Saitek Eclipse gaming keyboard is also quite nice to use... nice and sleek

10. moonlight

moonlight What's a Dremel?

I have Optimus Maximus keyboard, the customizable layout allows convenient use of any language —Cyrillic, Ancient Greek, Georgian, Arabic, Quenya, hiragana, etc and is also quite cute to use, I like it very much

11. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

this thread was started in 2003. i'm guessing olv has bought a keyboard by now.

12. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

:eeek: How much did you cough up for that thing?
    You'd need to like it, if the prices I saw being bandied about a while back were anywhere near accurate :idea:

13. voodoo2k4

voodoo2k4 Ghetto Modder

Keep the thread alive!

Looking for one of those, and failing, can you (or anyone) recommend a good one?

Deano.

14. 3dHeli

3dHeli What's a Dremel?

If you touch type, and want the best ergonmoic qwerty keyboard that's the best value, then it has to be the microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000, from only £15 UK mail order.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=043

If you don't touch type, then consider one of the comfort curve keyboards, such as Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=040

Keyboards is one area where Microsoft has Apple beat :D . . . http://www.apple.com/keyboard/ keyboards shouldn't slope towards the user like this apple example as it angles the wrists upwards, and then the wrist ain't straight. In those with a tendancy to suffer carpel tunnel (or other RSI type issues) such a keyboard will when touch typing accelerate the problem, and once you've worn a nearve sheath down you've worn it down, theirs no going back. Apples own computer guides, such as those with the laptops, show a lovely ergonomic diagram with the optimum straight wrists (they should not angle up/down, nor left/right at the wrist) yet this is just not possible to achieve (on for example an apple laptop) unless your really tiny with narrow shoulders the width of the keyboard.

15. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

16. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Thread necromancy is frowned upon.

Kai: "You know what, Gibble? You're a rotten kid. You dumped gongslanger into the toilet, and you wake the dead. And when you wake the dead, fatso, form dictates, you join 'em! Eat up! Chow down!"

17. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Sign me up for one of those tactus keyboards... too cool.