1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you really need antivirus

Discussion in 'Software' started by M4RTIN, 2 Sep 2008.

1. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Can I just point out that this is were linux rules the roost,
    for Win to become infected all you do is access an infected email or webpage.
    For linux you have to download the virus, set to executable, set permissions to root then run.
    Untill windows has the security setup of linux it will always take last place in security.

2. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

i had norton, got given a free copy from the rep at work. installed it, updated it (this whole process took freakin ages) and then did a scan, it said it was clean. i then removed it and installed nod32, updated, it took a hell of a lot less time than norton and it came up with 17 viruses. the only time i notice nod running is when a little bubble pops up to let me know its updated itself.

3. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

That's because its picking up the remnants of the N.A.V virus on the pc

4. dr4ygon

dr4ygon Every.Villian.Is.Lemons

I've been using NOD32 for a while now and it is pretty darn good, doesn't use to many processes and is simple and easy to use. Used avg before this and it's just as good so either of those i would suggest, although i have heard kaspersky is very good aswell

5. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

i have used AVG and NOD32 and they are both great whats the harm in using them eh, better safe than sorry :D

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I've used NOD32 for the past four or five years with no regrets - don't even notice it is running.
    Better safe than sorry, and I am also of the crowd who'd rather spend a couple of hours rebuilding my computer than spend four hours hunting down a particularly tricky virus. Though I wouldn't touch Norton or McAffee with a ten foot pole wrapped in toiletpaper and condoms.

7. bullseye969

bullseye969 What's a Dremel?

I'd definatly use it, I currently use AVG and NOD32, both are compatible on x64 systems.