1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Got SPORE? I Have

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by veryevil, 4 Sep 2008.

1. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

The karma gods will kick their asses when it comes time for the next review kit to get sent out.

3. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

You never know... it just might happen! RAWR! er, ahem... purrrrrrr

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

5. Noob4ever

Noob4ever always learning

dissapointing........

Well I'm well into the space stage, been to the center of the galaxy....... and thats it........ this is lame........
    The Space Stage Combat is ridiculous in the extreme..... you have a decent selection of weapons but when your being bumped around by other spacecraft its kinda hard to target any of them..... You have one auto turret and it is completely dismal damage wise.....
    One of the most annoying things is when establishing new colonies in the space stage..... Is that you cant just auto place buildings...... and when your solely working on expanding your empire and all you wanna do is thrown down 3 colonies per planet and fill em up real quick...... it means taking up a lot more time........
    Trying to take over planets at the tribal stage takes forever.......
    I find it funny that in civ stage you can launch icbms to wipe out each city but in space stage you only really have city destroying bombs, which you cant buy many of and planet busters in order to get the job done quick which render the planet unusable.

This being said actually taking over and colonizing every planet is a ridiculous prospect......... not counting the travel time, especially since the grox seem to take up 20% or more of the galaxy lol.....

It also gets annoying to get freaking eco disasters from colonies in another freaking arm of the galaxy with a 4 minute time limit.......
    As well as the fact that the uber turrets dont seem to stop any invaders unless your actually on the planet meaning you also have to respond to raiders.......
    Buggy sytem purchase options..... unless you get to the systems in a timely manner after you get the option to purchase them you have to start all over, again with galactic distances being what they are, a pain. And while wormholes do help, they dont make a huge difference when your trying to go from the center out for your conquering plan :D
    Since it cuts travel distance down to a third or so.

It seems EA and Will Wright went just a bit too casual...... its more like a timesink for the brainless rather than a game it seems...... Though I did have some fun in the creature stage...... Killing everything in sight till my creature could be 5 in just about everything except pose :D

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Seems you've been playing it a hell of a long time for a game you don't like :p

While I agree on some points, it is a little bit simplified, but I still think the game is enjoyable. Would have been nice if there were 2 modes, a casual and a normal mode, I was a little disapointed there was no underwater creature stage like he showed in his first showing of the game. I remember some of the developers saying that you could keep your creatures underwater and make underwater cities and tribes and there would be ocean planets.

I guess it's just a victim of it's own hype like many other games, too many features showed off that never made it into the final game :(

7. impar

impar Minimodder

8. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Well i have spore since yesterday and in a day i managed to get to the space age. i quite like it so no real complaints here.

only created one creature and hes in the sporepedia

9. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Oh, for the love of...

That's it, I'm getting a damn sex change. The male gender just can't help shaming itself and tripping over like a gigantic collective ape at every available opportunity.

edit:
    also,
    Man...at the risk of being inflammatory, could you either break it down a little or get a job writing reviews where they're supposed to be? :p

10. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

The large amount of glitches/bugs prevented me from playing it properly, I got up to the tribe stage, it crashed, and thanks to no autosave, I started back at the beginning, So......I returned this piece of junk :)

I'm just happy I bought many many games, not just this junk :lol:

I find it appaling that EA seems to release a game, then decide how many servers to use after everyone is having problems, Logging in at first took 2 hours, then....welll.......i'm ranting,

I just find it shocking that EA / Maxis (more the latter, released this)

11. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

EA servers having always been ****.

12. Noob4ever

Noob4ever always learning

Alright, break it down it a bit........ The game has a good base concept and several well thought out points, as pointed out by the review here on bt...... But the largest portion of the game, the Space Stage..... is lacking inventiveness, amd playability towards completion....... IE, you have to do the same thing thousands of times for 100% completion.... With no way to speed up the process, so for those of you who like to complete a game....... Think a really really bad mmo grindfest style of playing...... Except about twice as boring.

13. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

so with all that has been said would you say the cost of the game around 50 bucks cdn for me. Is it worth the money.

14. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I wont be paying 50 cdn for it. I'll wait a bit for it to come down.

15. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Dude, periods. ;)

Seriously though thanks for the insights. I was really looking forward to this game, but all the user reviews have turned me off. Maybe if it was cheaper.

16. Gh0stDrag0n

Gh0stDrag0n Unleash the Beast!

Spore looks like an awesome game but I am not getting it until the SecuROM DRM "virus" is removed. 3 installs WTF!!!! EA? It is a sad day for PC gamers when DRM like this pushes you away from a game.

17. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

He's got plenty, just not in the right places :p

18. bullseye969

bullseye969 What's a Dremel?

First two stages were AMAZING, then it slipped away and by the 5th I'm wanting to cut myself. I wanted to be able to fly to different planets, get out my spacecraft build a settlement and take over blah blah..

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

agree..... bored in space stage, it's always the same, get a few ships to form a fleet, go into a planet, fight with stupid controls where it's really hard to keep the enermy targeted, and then just bomb the capital building. repeat until there are a lot of your planets. (although it's recommended to have the few surrounding empires to be friendly)

BTW: guess what i have on my iPhone?
    :D SPORE ORIGINS

shame i don't know how to get those creatures out of iphone onto my PC to play from creature stage

Last edited: 9 Sep 2008
  20. Mattakadeimos

Mattakadeimos What's a Dremel?

+1

Not having securerom on my computer after it killed my last one and took about £150 worth of work I'd done with it.

Tags: