1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google launches Chrome browser

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Sep 2008.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Same here. On a Dell Vostro 1500 w/Vista64. Tres bizarre.

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Same problem on my laptop. I think scrolling in general needs a bit of work - holding down my scroll wheel and moving the mouse doesn't scroll like it does in every other application.

Edit: Just noticed that if I double click a word in a text box and try to type over it, it does nothing at all.

3. koola

koola Minimodder

I tried it and was impressed by it's speed, but Firefox offers way more in terms of plugins and functionality atm.

Until Google fix the rendering engine, can't say I'll be using it nor beta testing. The interface I do like and I think they have got it spot on.

4. quack

quack Minimodder

5. PhoneyVirus

PhoneyVirus *_*

Google Chrome browser look's and feel's like it came from Ubuntu if anything, but i got to say it needs some more work.

6. strjms72

strjms72 What's a Dremel?

hey.
    I had 3 Chrome windows open, each with multiple tabs. One of the tabs locked up and crashed, and it took down all 3 browser windows along with the tabs.

At least if Firefox 3 crashes it offers to reload all the pages you had opened previously. Chrome offered nothing after the crash.

7. strjms72

strjms72 What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags