1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any phone gurus around?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TechnoScream, 16 Sep 2008.

1. TechnoScream

TechnoScream Minimodder

hi guys,

Got given a phone recently which I'd like to use but it has one problem I'd like to sort out.

• Samsung D900
    • the problem is with the camera, the rest of the phone works flawlessly but when I start the camera The image is covered with what I can only describe as coloured noise. I get patches/lines of green/pink/blue/white scrolling around the image. these problems are recorded when i save the image too.
    • It happens on both pictures and video.
    • the phone is long out of warranty.
    • i have factory reset the phone, so all camera settings are default.

It's a real shame as it seems a pretty nice phone apart from this!

Any advice/options?

Thanks

2. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

You should be able to set the ISO level for the camera; Auto/100/200/400. Apparently at anything other than ISO 100, the picture noise is terrible and images are unusable.

Not having the phone myself, I couldn't tell you how to set the ISO, but it should be listed in the manual.

3. TechnoScream

TechnoScream Minimodder

Thanks very much for the info.

I'd also read that it could be down to a damaged ribbon cable in the phone, and that there are 2 types of that cable, so I took the phone apart for find out which it is, and on re-assmbling it, its all working again! whoohoo!

*sorted*