1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows STALKER: Clear Sky?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 5 Sep 2008.

1. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

Tried that. Asked a Loner guide at Agroprom to take me to the Clear Sky base. And what happened? Yes the clock advanced by an hour, but now I'm standing on the wrong side of the fence around the edge of Agroprom!?!? WTF, I didn't go anywhere! Still CTD'ing, like just after I fully circumnavigate the fence. :rolleyes:

I think these CTDs start to appear after I'm been playing a game a fair while (as in game time days from the beginning). :confused:

2. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

take a look in the log (which on vista is at C:\Users\Public\Documents\STALKER-STCS\logs)
    might give you a clue as to why its crashing

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

This game must be really good (better than joes review) for you folk to be persevering with it. I'd have broken something by now.

4. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

! [LUA][ERROR] ERROR: There is no task with entity_id 338

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
    [error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
    [error]File : E:\priquel\sources\engine\xrServerEntities\script_engine.cpp
    [error]Line : 180
    [error]Description : <no expression>
    [error]Arguments : LUA error: ....t.a.l.k.e.r. - clear sky\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:975: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)

Looks like some sorta mechanic/script has gotten corrupt or by the way I've been playing and the subsequent combination of events I've hit a glitch/fault.

I'll preserve my saved games, reinstall and see if that fixes anything.

5. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

Nope,:rolleyes: reinstalled the game and it still crashes.:wallbash:

There's obiviously some fundamentally bad coding within this game that still needs fixing. I believe that because everyone will play the game differently from next person may in some way go to explaining why some people have had a relatively problem free experience whist others like myself have been tearing our hair out. Some haven't triggered the various miriad of bugs and some have to a lesser or greater degree. Patched game or not.

And with that Stalker: Clear Sky goes straight into the bin...

**clunk**

:thumb:

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The simple matter of fact is that we're fanboys, and Joe has a level head :p That's why he co-wrote instea of just having me go "OMFG STALKER AWESOME BUT SOOOO CRASHTACULAR"

7. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

LAMO.

I really need to finish the first one. Got a bit creeped out at one point and never went back to it (coward :blush:)

8. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

Oh would that be the first lab (X16)? Nearly shat a brick going through that level.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I should probably finish the first one too - I got to that weird army camp where you keep seeing ghosts etc, and just cba.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The first one is about a million times scarier and better constructed, especially the later levels. After completing Clear Sky it's nothing but a disappointment unless you like RPGs like Oblivion and faction wars. A sense of progression and a depth of story has been lost though.

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

TBH that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Games are supposed to be fun. If I enjoyed debugging LUA scripts, I'd be doing it for my own Lightroom plugin instead of some game I bought. You have to take it way beyond fanboy to deal with that kind of nonsense. I'd immediately take it back to the store as defective, and then head to the developer's HQ with a pitchfork and torch when the nonsense return policies at the place of purchase screw me over.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well it is defective for a lot/vast majority of people - that's why we gave it a 3. I spent two weeks with it going from "OMFG STALKER" to getting my soul ground down by the continual surfing the official forums every day looking for a patch or even unofficial fix. That's not the way to play a game or release a product and we reflected that in our judgement :)

13. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

my run through on the 2nd patch 1.5.04 had 2 CTD's
    one solved by just doing the previous save from like 5 mins before hte ctd and the other by doing the save before last which was like 20mins vOv

the ending was TERRIBLE :(

14. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Glad i'm not the only one. I got through the gate at Prypiat and just sort of lost interest. The map doesn't work properly, the path forward is unclear, and I'm not find of having my ass handed to me every 30 seconds while i'm trying to figure out where i'm supposed to be going. Some day when I have more time I'll try starting over from the beginning.

15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Personally I really enjoyed everything after the brain scorcher, when the game lost its RPG feeling and it became more like a FPS; then again I'm a fan of linear gaming :blush:

Unless you mean the storyline, that I don't care about either way in a game like this.

16. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

i mean the very last sequence
    shooting strelok over 9000 times along those walkways at the NPP
    it was just an absolutely awful way to end the game imo, i really enjoyed all the linear sequences leading up to it tho

17. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

just read some good news stalker cs patch is out 1.5.05 and you can use saved games from patch 1.5.04 thank
    god I had to start over

18. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

1.5.05 fix the game?

Is it still broken like hell?

19. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Bought the game and installed 1.5.0.4 and I have made it through most of the game with no problems so far.

20. Grasshopper

Grasshopper What's a Dremel?

Tags: