1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Night of the Living Dead 40th Tribute - Oct 1st - Completion and pic-bomb

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by the_crippler, 1 Aug 2008.

1. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I been watching this, it's cool. A little off topic but have you seen the DVD with the version in color. I haven't opened it yet, just found it. The package shows the car as orange with a black top.
    John

2. the_crippler

the_crippler {}

Is it a colorized version of the original, or the 1990-something Tom Savini version? It could be either - as the movie is public domain, people can pretty much do whatever they want with it...

3. the_crippler

the_crippler {}

It's high time that I put this stuff all together, light it up and see how it looks - doncha think?

[​IMG]

The bezel goes together rather nicely over the grill, which is screwed in with the front fan. The bottom "wood" piece just snaps on over that. Next, I flipped the whole thing over and screwed the base on. This is done with just a few machine screws up through the base-frame:

[​IMG]

The LEDs are all connected together, and then taped up out of the way under and behind the drive bays.

[​IMG]

Even so, I'm going to do some serious wire management when I fit all of the actual components in place in a few days.

[​IMG]

NOTE: Yes. That is a slot-type mobo hung upside down. This is my test board, and my test PSU doesn't have a long enough power cord to make it from the bottom of the case up to the connector.

Closed up and redy to go:

[​IMG]

Next step it to fire it up, turn out the lights and see what we have:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Almost done. I pretty much just need to fashion the HDD cage, install the tombstones and swap in the final components. I see no reason why I shouldn't be ready for the 40th anniversary on the 1st!

(Probably shouldn't have said that...)

4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

The package says "The Classic is now in Deadly Color" I'll whip it in the DVD after the Scifi channel movie. Be back soon.
    John

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

everything came out looking pretty good. ingenious thinking on the light refractor.

6. the_crippler

the_crippler {}

Happy 40th, Night of the Living Dead!

And, in honor of that, I have officially completed this mod. Without further delay, here is the picture bomb. Enjoy, and thank you for following this project and offering encouragement/advice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

very nice mann! One thing I must say though is sort out those cables!!!!!!

8. the_crippler

the_crippler {}

Lol...yeah. That pic was the one I had while I was putting things in. After i taped them all up and dressed them out of the way, I didn't feel like opening it back up again. Just for you, I'll try to work up the gumption to get one of those posted.

9. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

haha hurrah! It really is an awesome mod though, great craftsmanship!

10. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I like it, though the "wood" panels look a little plain, could maybe do with a little bit of laminate to make them look more like actual wooden panels. Not wanting to criticise because i think its a funky look in the dark but in the light it has a little less of an impact. Also a couple of leds in the grave yard may add a little to the look maybe even a flashing timer for a lightning effect. Funny how every bugger comes up with ideas when you done :D.

Tags: