1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista x64 wireless adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stewis, 8 Oct 2008.

1. stewis

stewis What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I am after some advice regarding replacing my current Ralink RT61 based card. I have came to the end of my patience with it due to its driver incompatibility with vista x64 causing random lockups when i fire up any torrent software or anything that abuses the adapter.

What i am after is a wireless card which is fully compatible with vista x64, fits in a PCI slot or a PCI-E 1x slot and has a removable antenna. I am not to fussed on the cost of the card but the cheaper the better ;)

Any advice would be great :)

Stewart

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Netgear WG111v2 works well with Vista64.

Strangely, the WG111T works ok, but whereas the one above gets 94-100%, the 'T' only got 60-70%.

4. stewis

stewis What's a Dremel?

Thanks Atomic and kenco_uk i do like the belkin card but have had a look at dabs and have read some bad reviews in ref to the card. Would a n type card be a better choice for vista x64 and if so i assume that they will work with a G spec router?

5. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

And how many of the 'bad reviews' were vista 64 users?

I'm on room up and to the side of my router and the signal is great. Not had it drop out at all. Before this house it was running XP and got 2/5 bars through a 1foot thick stone wall!

6. stewis

stewis What's a Dremel?

lol i suppose if it dont work it can be RMA'ed :) thanks for the advice Atomic will order this today as i am getting fed up with windows crashing when using windows media centre and torrenting :(

7. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I never trust reviews on normal sites as the people who write them can be really idiotic. Ive seen people rate a wireless-N usb card only 1 star because they couldn'tdownload any faster than when they had a wireless-G card...

If you need the drivers I found for mine send me a PM.

8. stewis

stewis What's a Dremel?

Thanks again Atomicwill shoot you a pm if needed :)