1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Network Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-23315, 18 Oct 2008.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Gah, another day, another issue.

On my home PC, I use an EDiMAX HI-GAIN USB wifi adaptor in my PC, but all is not Kosher. It keeps on disconnecting me from my net work, and randomly, my home network keeps dissapearing, even though a PC next door picks it up perfectly. I've downloaded new drivers etc, uninstalled and re-installed the software about 5 time, but nadah.... ANy ideas?

And then, when I finally get the damn thing to work,
    Limewire
    and
    Torrents
    don't work properly. I can search for stuff, and when I start the download, I get nothing, just can't find servers, and when I don't get that, I get " Can't download because
    Limewire
    is connecting" even though it says its connected.

Gah... Any Ideas very very welcome.

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Any love?

3. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

have PNP enabled on router and in software for Limewire and Torrents. Hope your using uTorrent or Azureus.
    PC next door able to connect when you can't? Can you connect when you have line of sight?
    Maybe time to invest in Wireless N....

4. wsurritte

wsurritte What's a Dremel?

How far away are you from the access point?

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'm about 8m away. However, I seem to have sorted the issue, not I still can't get any of my downloads going... Can anyone help me troubleshoot limewire?

6. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

so limewire is mainly the problem? kind of basic but have you tried to uninstall and reinstall it?

7. wsurritte

wsurritte What's a Dremel?

This is caused by limewire not being able to get an open port. Turn on UPnP on your router, and Click "Show Icons for networked UPnP Devices" in My Network Places, then it should work.

Let us know,
    William

Tags: