1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PC Gaming Alliance lashes out at Lucasarts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Oct 2008.

1. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

With the exception of the moron a few posts above, we all know their reaosning to not put out a PC version was bogus, seriously, its physics are not as advanced as Crysis, Crysis sold 2 million, it has more to do with the fact it is an average game, PC gamers don't by crap. many other games are vastly more demanding. They also made a Wii and Handheld version, how do you explain that?

2. Lepermessiah

Epic are not bitching about not enough high end PC's moron, their beef is people with high end PC's also pirate. Sigh, brainwashed much? Force unleashed would require nothing mroe then a low priced mid-range Pc to max out as with all other console ports these days. This is 2008. If they felt it would not sell enough on Cp thats fine, but their excuse about not enough PC's with power is bogus for a console port, many others game are vastly more CPu demanding.

3. Lepermessiah

PC's use gamepads, as do many games (GTA Anyone)? Why do people always bring up controls, my god people must know by knwo PC's use gamepads. Sigh. game would have palyed indentical to console version, see Devil may Cry 4.

4. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

So are Lucasarts saying that their games aren't sophisticated enough for discerning PC owners? Or are they saying that their games can't compete with the current batch of PC titles - or even older games such as HL2?

I looked forward to playing this, even if it wasn't that great, but as its a console only I don't think I'll bother. Jedi Outcast was the last decent combat game in 3rd person/FPS style as far as I'm concerned, its on my replay list for my new rig as soon as I've got through F.E.A.R., Far Cry and the CoD games.

RE X-Wing - It was real class, the way you had to juggle your energy managment between shields, weapons and engines was the real challenge of the game. I thought the Wing Commander games were fun but just a bit on the cheesy side and once they got to using FMV in their cut scenes in WC4 it turned in to a full on smorgasboard cheesefest.

5. Mach1.9pants

Mach1.9pants What's a Dremel?

I agree with him, LucasArts has produced nothing but rubbish for a long time. However , I have got a Wii (mainly for the kids and boozed up late at night with my mates), so I couldn't resist the opportunity to play Vader with a light sabre. It is a good laugh but it doesn't compare to any PC game I have recently brought (warhead, witcher EE, R6Vegas2, Clear Sky, ArmA, etc) and I wouldn't even recommend it on anything but the Wii... the sword waving and force pushing with real movements are what makes it. Apart from that it is a repetitive corridor shooter, I mean ummm sabre-er

6. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I've been using gamepads for my PCs for many years now. They are great for emulators, but also great for the many racing games out on the market. The Need for Speed games, Evo2 4x4 (best $20 I ever spent - awesome game), etc.

7. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I just learned the PC Gaming Alliance was a real organization, their superficiality in vein of the MPAA. Thanks, bit-tech! :thumb:

8. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

With each revision of DirectX, writing scalable games is easier and easier. Graphics are so far abstracted that developers rarely need to worry about targeting specific hardware anymore. Making something scalable is pretty simple, too. Variable world detail isn't too hard, texture size is trivial, etc. It's a total cop out.

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I don't think they want to say it but both of those reasons, it just wouldn't sell enough to be worth it. It's not a particularly great game, ok for some mindless fun, but for what the hardware requirements are, I think PC gamers would be expecting more.

10. General Crespin

General Crespin The Lord of Ruin

What was the last good Star Wars game DEVELOPED by LucasArts? Raven developed JKII and JA, and TG did the X-wing series.

Tags: Add Tags