1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: UV flame - dual loop (P180) [FINISHED: 10/23/2008]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by marauder16, 3 Jan 2007.

1. Leper_Messiah

Leper_Messiah What's a Dremel?

+1
    looks awesome :rock:

2. marauder16

marauder16 What's a Dremel?

thnx, but I said I found a black cable of that kind, so no problem with that any more ;)

3. MoRBiD

MoRBiD Minimodder

That is so k1ck455 .... I like it. gave me some ideas i might use in my mod.

thanks man! love the look of is under uv .. very sweet!

4. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

this is a pretty awesome mod. i love the black and red combo. and the tubing with the (uv?)ccfl's is pretty sweet.

5. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Any updates?

6. marauder16

thnx guys for all your replies, and sorry for not coming here for so long. I didn't have any important updates, but I was planing a mayor rebuild ASA I get some new parts, like two loops and stuff.
    though it might look nice, this case is to cramped up, not enough room for anything, it just craves for an inch or two around the mobo.
    I won't post pics now cause the case isn't in it's best state now, air temps around here are reaching 40C so I had to remove anything I could to give it more air.

My plan is to paint it all black, and get rid of this dampening mat. cause there's no use of it with the 30dB fans I've got. I'm gonna be making another GPU-PA120.3 loop when I get a 2900XT, and I have to RMA my mobo cause I chipped off my NB core while putting on the MCW30 :wallbash: , so much stuff to do.
    And I also plan to start a new worklog when I get a TJ-07, but that's saved for the beginning of the next year.

thnx again guys and sorry for not replying for so long ;)

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

nice case, I love P180's

8. marauder16

Not to say I didn't update all this time, I decided to take a few pics of what has changed, enjoy ;)

The PSU cable is finally black, managed to get a black one:
    [​IMG]

I removed that small box on the HDD cage and got so much more cable-hidding place, I'm planning one removing the SATA power cables and putting a molex power on the HDDs cause it wouldn't take that much space, but until that this is how it looks now:
    [​IMG]

Here you can see my ghetto MCW30 hard-mount, cause I didn't get my hard-mount kit yet I had to somehow make this block stay straight on the core and this is how it worked:
    [​IMG]
    I ought to mount it better next time cause around 50C (stock speeds) isn't that good for water...

And finally here is the picture of the internals now, you'll see that my cable-management improved since the last install, looks much more cleaner now, at least I think it does :D
    [​IMG]
    Oh, and you've of course noticed a new OCZ memory cooler, also ghetto mounted for practical reasons (removing sticks is easier this way.

And I removed the UV lights temporarily, don't know why, but I'll get them back in when I'm gonna be putting a new loop in action...

I'll note this post as a today's update, hope you like it :thumb:

9. marauder16

hmmm, will get the final parts tommorow, then post a new update next weekend, cheers :thumb:

EDIT: work in progress, will post when everything's finished

Last edited: 15 Sep 2007
  10. marauder16

After almost a year... an update! :D

Yeah, I know I said there'll be an update soon, but but... Well, there are no buts, I was just lazy, sorry :D
    Here is the last big update of this project because it's finished! Well, it was finished almost a year ago, but I didn't post it :D

Hm where to start, here's the HW list first:

DFI ICFX3200 07/30 w/ MCW30
    E6600 L632A407 w/ EK Supreme
    Powercolor HD3870 w/ MCW60
    OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CAS4
    2x Caviar 250GB RAID Ed. in RAID0
    Silverstone Strider 750W in a heavily modded P180
    CPU & NB loop = PA120.3, DDC 18W w/ Petra's top, 7/16''
    VGA loop = PA120.2, DDC 18W w/ Petra's top, 7/16''
    9 fans on 7V, PX-750A, all on SM 930BF

So, basically, I added the second GPU loop (rads are such an overkill, but that's for later updates - additional blocks and stuff - in the new case), I've put all the fans on 7V cause I saw that didn't change the temps a bit, and it also made the computer much more quiet =)
    I've got a 'new' (it was back then :p ) VGA, Powercolor HD3870, and some OCZ Reaper RAM (to get rid of the OCZ cooler which just didn't fit in there nicely). Well, that's about it, take a look at the pics:

btw. yeah the pics are not that good (my photo skills + lousy camera), and yes, now I notice it needs dusting :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hm, and yeah, it doesn't deserve the name 'UV flame' any more cause the lightning started to die off and it was just too much cabling for this cramped-up P180, so I decided to remove it completely.

And everything seems so messy now, the cables and all, though it's working happily on 3.7GHz (E6600) :p So, I decided before anymore hardware updates, I need a new case, it's gonna be a U2-UFO Extended CYO. That's right, muuuch more space to work with, horizontal mobo, future phase-change ready and so on :D Also I am going to put some UV LEDs in there this time, and change the color theme to green-black (depending on my new DFI mobo :naughty: ). Expect it to start in a couple of months, when I get the proper funding :p, until then, cheers! And I hope you liked my project cause it's

FINISHED! =) :clap:

11. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Why soo dusty?

12. marauder16

because I didn't clean it for over a month :D

And there is one thing that disappointed me, one time about 1/3" of dust gathered on the PA120.3, I saw it when I wanted to clean it up (with a vacuum cleaner of course). So what I did is, I started the PC up, turned the HWmonitor on, and watched the temps. Then I took the vacuum cleaner and cleaned all that dust up, everything, it was super-clean. And guess what, temps didn't improve a single bit, they stayed perfectly the same. I was like, WTF? Then I saw that this PA120.3 really needs a very small airflow to perform well. (When I remember I uses to run all the fans on 12V, jeez)

p.s. it's getting cleaned up today, I promise :D

13. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

A great case needs to shine!

14. marauder16

ok, I should've known you'd all beat me for this :D

here, satisfied? :naughty:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

congrats to the one who notices the catch :p

Tags: