1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits Win Butterkneter's Far Cry 2 PS3 mod!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 24 Oct 2008.

1. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

What if I say I live in the UK and needed forwarded to my US address with me covering shipping?

2. Xenith

Xenith What's a Dremel?

yeah, too bad those of us who dont reside in the UK could just pay for shipping of the prizes if won :(

3. dr-strangelove

dr-strangelove What's a Dremel?

Can readers in the Republic of Ireland enter?

4. Colt 45 J

Colt 45 J Aye

I hate you bit-tech... always hating on us non Brits... we know our currency is worth very little.. don't need to rub it in.. :(

5. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ugh another UK only contest, hey Im just curious but what is your guys global stats? like as far as visitors go do most come from the UK? no seriously Im curious lol would be interesting to know.

6. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

That's sensitive commercial information which I'm sure you can appreciate is not for public consumption. Suffice to say a large proportion of our traffic is from the UK.

7. HourBeforeDawn

oh come on you have to come up with a little better excuse then that =p

anyhow according to Alexa, this is what it pulls...

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/bit-tech.net

Bit-tech.net users come from these countries:
    United States 32.8%
    United Kingdom 15.8%
    India 6.3%
    Germany 3.9%
    Canada 3.5%

but anyhow that is a pretty cool PS3 best of luck to those who can enter ^_^

8. Faiizow

Faiizow What's a Dremel?

Sounds fair tbh.

9. HourBeforeDawn

u know I think the better way to run a contest is if you dont want to spend the money shipping something outside of the country then you should give people the option that if they live outside your country but want to enter then they are required to pay for the shipping fees and any other fees involved, this would make it at least somewhat more fair, I mean its what I do when I hold contest, mine are North America only however those outside if they wish to pay the fees involved in getting it to them, then they are more then welcomed to enter into the contest. Of course then you might say well some of our sponsors may not want to ship outside of the country and well ya I have some of those too, in that case I have them send it to me and then once the winner that lives outside of the country sends payment for shipping fees I then go out and ship it to them. Im mean it seems like the fair thing to do or offer for your loyal fans. ;)

10. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

I hope i get this it would be a lovely birthday preasent :D (16th nov)

11. shomann

shomann Minimodder

[deleted for being totally redundant to the above posts]

Just sore that I can't enter because I am a lousy stinking American pig-dog

12. Colt 45 J

Colt 45 J Aye

How is that sensitive? It is not like "oh ****! Bit-tech has 40% of IT'S VISITORS TO IT'S SITE from the UK, we better **** em up and make less people go to their site." I am probably missing something.. but this isn't like revenues or anything, does not seem like it would matter? Ah well elaborate if you would.

13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

As long as you ship it to a UK address then Bit probably don't care.

I have to restate though: Please don't be complete selfish twits to Hiren, he tries his HARDEST (I know this because of the ridiculous hours I speak to him at) to get competitions as open as possible and you guys aren't being very grateful!

Bit-tech is a UK site which inhouse competitions do not get restricted by, but this is technically a UBISOFT competition in conjuction with Bit-tech.

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

:thumb:

We wouldn't ever leave ANYONE out if it was our choice all the time.

15. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

How much will Dennis pay me not to disclose those figures then? :p
    Except us TR folks, of course!

16. HourBeforeDawn

Ya I doubt Bit-tech is counting its pennies and couldnt afford to ship something overseas and even if that was the situation well then they could do what I do, and seriously if it is true and they are using Ubisoft as the excuse, well that is rediculous as they sell their products world wide so I doubt they would chose to alienate a large fan base and well they didnt make the mod so that cant be it... could it be the modder itself that request such restrictions hmm thats also pretty unlikely, this is just Bit-tech being Bit-Tech and not caring about its full fan base. Oh and if Im wrong well prove me wrong as thats how it seems to come across most of the time.

Last edited: 27 Oct 2008
  17. mrdoogso

mrdoogso What's a Dremel?

good luck to all !!!!!

18. Tim S

Tim S OG

That's a good conspiracy theory, but it's completely false. It's a Ubisoft competition hosted on bit-tech for bit-tech's readers - Ubisoft specified the Ts and Cs, not bit-tech. If you've noticed, all competitions that are bit-tech competitions - think Mod of the Month, Mod of the Year - are open to all readers because we specify the terms and conditions ourselves.

We strongly urge all those running competitions on bit-tech to open them to the world. Some take our advice and open them worldwide, but sadly some prefer to limit to a specific region even in light of our advice. We can't do any more than urge those running competitions to open them to the world so all we can say is "sorry, we tried!"

19. HourBeforeDawn

again it just seems hard to believe that a company "Ubisoft" that offers their products world wide would limit the competition to such a small focus group. Lol what else is funny is when you say "It's a Ubisoft competition hosted on bit-tech for bit-tech's readers" which obviously isnt true as the Majority of Bit-Tech readers cant even enter. ~_~

Oh well Im pretty much done with all these one sided contest anyways, well Im done ranting... bai bye

20. Tim S

Tim S OG

Speaking from a completely personal perspective, it's as if the higher-ups haven't quite fully embraced the Internet. Ask Ubisoft why it limits distribution of its games over Steam to the US - I can't purchase any Ubisoft games from Steam, as they're only available in North America.

Despite this though, I still receive news telling me what games I can't buy through Steam. I'd rather buy Far Cry 2 through Steam because it's incredibly convenient, but instead I'll have to drive to the local store and risk getting a drinks coaster.

I can fully understand your frustration because I share it both in this and other situations like the one I've just described to you above.

Tags: Add Tags