1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro NES on mah PC!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by modgodtanvir, 27 Oct 2008.

1. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Could someone recommend a good NES Emulator + Frontend package?

I'm open to all suggestions, though what would be awesome is something which looks and behaves like the original NES software... controller compatibility is an additional bonus! Being able to choose from different directories is also quite important.

Is anyone here into the whole retro MAME arcade scene? Or are we all polygon addicts?

(I presume that since all NES production ceased decades ago, and Nintendo no longer make profits from the NES, that this wouldn't be considered piracy. The purpose of emulation is to play homebrew games, and not to play ROMS of commercial games, which we all know is illegal. If this thread violates any rules, please do not hesitate to delete/close the thread.)

Last edited: 27 Oct 2008
  2. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

I'd be surprised if this thread is allowed but to be honest google will do you wonders, look around on emulator specific sites.

And although NES production may have ceased, there are the NES Classics games for the GBA ;)

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

zophar.net is your friend

4. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

doesnt mame do nes?

6. righteous_slave

righteous_slave I know what a bloody Dremel is

Multi ARCADE Machine Emulator. Although it does do the NES Playchoice games.

I also vote JNES. NESticle is good, but clicking on the scrotum to start it up just gets disturbing after a while.

Tags: