1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Left 4 Dead

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Horizon, 16 Oct 2008.

1. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

got a whopping 8.3kbps here:sigh:

think it would be easier to just buy the game when its out

2. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Yeah I'll probably just buy it and hope that it runs ok on my PC. Or I might grab the GCF files from my mates computer :)

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I can Play! but im too busy playing GOW2

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Tbh I've played through it twice - and it seems kinda over-rated. I played it on normal mind, and from what a mate's told me it doesn't get fun untill you play on the harder levels (Where the real proper gamers play, where it gets to be not a walk in the park). Playing on normal with humans was like playing with stupid, slow bots who got lost a fair bit.

Overall though, not hugely impressed. The textures feel like they're out of a 4 year old game, the levels feel linear and level design is pretty uninspired, the guns are unsatisfying and there are too few of them, and the key-comms have useless things you can say, but don't have enough things you actually want to be on a shortcut.

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

My game seems to be in German oddly. Well the intro is the voice star is in english.

6. format

format What's a Dremel?

I disagree that the levels are linear, there's plenty of different routes that I can find in the demo alone!

7. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

try playing it some more ,the more you play the game the harder its meant to get as its got something called an A.I.D (A.I. Director) its meant to learn your style of game play and adapt to it. How its mean to do that it multiplayer I have no idea but the idea for single player seems like a nice one.

8. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Already tried the online?

9. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Well heres a challenge for you see if you can beat the first level in less than 40 seconds the fastest I've managed so far is 47 seconds

10. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Can't wait to give it a go, esp to beat the first level in under 40 seconds :p

Currently its downloading at a stonking 1.8 MB/s! so won't be long :D

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's on the 360 as well, was pretty underwhelmed, combat is a bit mushy, I find it very difficult to tell if I've hit/killed anything, I just unload my gun in the general direction of the zombies and they all fall over.

12. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

This is seriously one of, if not, the most intense and exhilarating games I've ever played. So much fun!

13. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

That's because it's a console :lol:

14. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

When it works on my machine it runs really really well, but sadly it crashes the display driver ALL the time after about 5-10 mins and never recovers :(

15. Seraphim2150

Seraphim2150 Non-Modder

Seems to be working well for me. Going to go through it with me and a buddy tonight

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I agree with some of the sentiment above - play it on your own, on easy/normal, and it's pretty boring and feels really linear.

Play it on the harder levels, with (or even without) friends, and it ends up being a really fun bit of gaming.

17. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Surely that's the point of it though? I didn't even know it was possible to play on your own.

18. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

The AI director has a sick sense of humor, tank in the subway train then a witch in the last room before the safe room! Bad day.

19. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

It is, but bots take the place of people. They have a tendency to lag behind a little but make up for it when they get there with their super aware bot skills by blasting any boss they see immediately and being rather generous with their med packs and pills. And for those struggling to pass on the med kit love, the right mouse is your friend.

20. specofdust

specofdust Banned

That's the thing though, I just played it on advanced, and because (as usual) my randomly selected teammates were all considerably worse FPS players than I was, I just found it frustrating. It was tough, we died lots, and it was frantic. But the toughness just made it frustrating to me, not exhilirating. Perhaps it'd be different if I was in a team of four people who could (not to put too fine a point on it) perform as well I can on expert mode, it'd be fun. As it is though, it's kinda fun, but I doubt I'd buy it.