1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama popularity worries me

Discussion in 'Serious' started by gar, 5 Nov 2008.

1. daguuy

daguuy I hate lolcats

His rising popularity and promise of "change" is scarily similar to how Hitler got in power.

2. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Yes, except he doesn't appear to be killing off many Jews, so I think we might be safe.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I don't think he is despot material. He appeals to people who don't like fascism. For real cult of personality dynamics you'd have to look at the conservative crowd.

4. Ryan Cooper

Ryan Cooper It's been a long time.

I agree. With all the promises, and huge media portrayal, it wouldn't be a suprise if he did'nt keep all of those promises. With that said, If Obama manages to do something such as Getting the US out of recession THEN i'll be amased.

P.S.
    I know its unrelated, but mid-grade petrol costs $1.20 a gallon.
    How much does it cost in the UK??

5. Rum&Coke

Rum&Coke What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I expect Kristallnacht any time now :rolleyes:

The fact is, half of the country has been bound under an administration is couldn't stand and has watched the economy go into free fall for almost 8years in a row and known their vote was for nothing. In addition to this the fact he is the first black president is a huge historic moment that should be recognised, a lot of black people have felt disenfranchised with the entire political system, being looked upon as either as "examples of poverty/crime" or "an important demographic". These two factors in addition to the fact the democrats have strong control of senate and Rep. mean that it is now the other half of the countries chance at running the country and there is understandable excitement over it.

6. Nexxo

At the moment, roughly the equivalent of $1.43 a litre or $5.42 a gallon.

Yeah, that's the price of petrol in Europe... Not so long ago, it was $6.25.

7. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Why would anyone ever believe that any politician would keep all their promises? There's just no possible way. If you really want change, change yourself. If the people don't change their attitudes or habits then it doesn't matter whatsoever who is in power, it will all be the same in the end.

8. Nexxo

What, "be the change you want to see in the world"? Nobody is going to buy into that Ghandi crap. People rather sit in their own **** crying for Big Daddy to wipe their bum and make it all alright. :p

Next you a be telling us to be responsible voters... People get the government they deserve.

9. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Resp...respon..... What the crap is that word? :lol: