1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Gaming mouse and keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thatguy119, 24 Nov 2008.

1. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

Hi, ive got about £200 left over from my new build budget and im planning to spend it on a sound card and a gaming mouse and keyboard and i wondered if these choices are ok, i mainly play first person shooter games

Mouse: Razer copperhead tempest blue

sound card: creative x-fi titanium fatal1ty pro, to go with logitech z-5500

and im stumped about the keyboard, i cant tell much difference between any of the razer ones, apart from back lights, can anybody reccoment/ warn me against any perticular one?

thanks in advance

2. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

not sure about keyboards but the asus xonar line of sound cards has been receiving a lot of good news lately. Creative seems to have run into quite a few driver problems with the x-fi so it might be wise to look around.

3. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I've got a friend (I use my laptop keyboard) that swears by his Razer Tarantula... and he games all the time

+1 on the Xonar as well, from what I've heard it's amazing quality

4. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

+2 for Xonar. The cheapest DX model has a good value.

I have a G15 and a MX620 and I find them good. You might want to take a look at them?

5. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

Thanks for the advanice, ill definatly look around. i chose the creative sound card because i liked the front bay and because i chance the input's and outputs for my sound it would be a lot easier.]

The logitech keyboard and mouse look really nice, just lacking in a bit of style in my opinion, but ill definalty consider them

Last edited: 25 Nov 2008
  6. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

keyboard and mouse are not about style they are about comfort. you can't buy based on recommendations of the internet, you actually have to go to a store and try them out, and find one that you like the feel of. everybody likes different things in their keyboards and mice.

7. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

Thats the biggist problem, there is nowhere near me that stock gaming components/ acceccories. Can anybody reccomend a shop in sussex that would sell a decent range of gaming mice and keyboards, along with prefrably other computer components

Last edited: 25 Nov 2008
  8. Vap0K177@r-22.C

Vap0K177@r-22.C What's a Dremel?

I've started using a belkin N52TE gaming pad instead of the keyboard now and have to say it is more comfortable and nicer to use for long periods also it's powered by razer software so is easy to customize the buttons. That said i did get it for the bargain price of a tenner

http://www.razerzone.com/p-108-belkin-n52te.aspx

my keyboard is a saitek eclipse and that's ok but not as good for long periods same went for the G15 (rev 1) i had before this

My mouse is a G5 which is great BUT the software is absolutely pants , infact every mouse since my trusty intelli mouse v3 has been pants in the software department I mean how hard is it to give the software application linked profiles ffs b****** logitech software monkey retards :wallbash:

9. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

I've just recently bought a WolfKing Warrior keyboard. It's not suitable as an everyday keyboard so you need a normal keyboard too but I find it ideal for gaming. Certainly worth looking at IMO.

See my review of it here.

But as mentioned earlier in the thread it all comes down to personal preference and don't expect a keyboard or mouse to suddenly turn you into world #1 gamer!