1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Online Moddin Stores

Discussion in 'Modding' started by machman, 24 Oct 2002.

1. machman

machman What's a Dremel?

OK hope this thread is ok

What experience have you had from any of the Moddin stores ?

I'll start by saying that i've had excellent service from www.Kustom.co.uk

OK service from overclock.co.uk

And sorry to say The overclocking store has been by far the worst i have dealt with.

I won't go into details but i could'nt recommend them to anybody.

I know this thread may not be popular because of sponsers but i think that everyone should have some idea the reliable places if they are ordering online

Regards

Dean

2. Slink

Slink B7

3. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

4. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Your linking to a link page? :eeek: .

AstrumPreliator
    "Da"

5. Cyberbob:-)

Cyberbob:-) Minimodder

Yes I agree, The overclocking store are the worst. Ordered from them once over the net, One part said it would be in 10 days time, 3 weeks later still no parts. :waah: Had to ring up and cancel.

Went to the Micro Mart show. The overclocking store was there, thought I'd give them another try. Hadn't got all the parts I wanted. So thay gave me an invoice and said I would get confimation E-mail the next day and my parts would be despatched the same day. Got home from work no E-mail. Thought I'd give them a day, got home the next day still no E-mail. Rang them the guy didn't know what I was on about. He had to get back to me. Had to E-mail him thae parts I ordered. Arrived 4 days later!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the black floppy I ordered was BEIGE!!!!:wallbash: I mean BEIGE who orders a BEIGE floppy from a modding shop? E-mailed them, no reply. Really P****D OFF, so I sparyed it instead....:sigh:

If anybody else has had any horror story's please post em!!!!!!!

6. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

Cyberbob, your scaring me!

The Oc Store looks like the only place I can get the nice enermax 550W PSU's...I need one, only 1...

Well I ordered a nice PCMods CCFL from Overclockers.co.uk for like £37 and all that ****...

It arrived yesturday and I tested it today (as I had to get to a PSU...don't ask :D and then...I before I plugged it in, I checked that the PSU was giving 12v DC with an oscilloscope (all I had)...and WTF???? :wallbash: the damn thing only lit up 1/4th of the way, and I would say DIM!!!! WTF????

it's DEAD I say DEAD!!!

So I called them uptoday and they gave me an RMA code, and I posted it off at 4pm today (I'm efficient see :D) and well the posting cost me £7 F*** BEANS!!!!!!

7. y2rock

y2rock What's a Dremel?

I have made many orders from the overclockingstore and everything arrives within 3 days of the order being placed.

8. Cyberbob:-)

Cyberbob:-) Minimodder

I don't mean to scare anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!:naughty:

I'm sure everthing will be fine.

It's just I've ordered twice and had problems both times.:miffed:

Example: My online order. While I was waiting for my 1 part to come in I E-Mailed them and added a item to my order. No problem they E-Mailed me back the next day confirming my additional part. But when I started asking about my part that was out of stock. I E-Mailed them four times, And still no reply.:wallbash: In the end I was so angry:grr: I rang and cancelled....

I shall keep my fingers crossed for you. Maybe I just had a bit of bad luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

www.a-dcomputers.co.uk are alright for a little variety, though they are a little expensive when it comes to mods. They have a nice selection of cases too :)

10. TOPLOADER

TOPLOADER What's a Dremel?

The worst place i have had the misfortune to deal with is cool case mods
    they messed me about no end all over a case that i ended up buying from another place for £37 all in ,cool case mods wanted £52 for the same case