1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Tidal Rampage. (56k!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Daza, 3 Dec 2008.

1. Daza

Daza MR D to you.

[​IMG]

Right then this is my brand new build for 08/09, without the help of TTL theres no way this would have got off the ground now my current X3210 Quad and G80 GTS have "got a tad boring" yet still play exceptional well. Now this one started off as an as an I7 rig, but as soon as the prices/gaming performance was discovered I came to his senses unlike others.
    The Rampage Extreme and E8600 have been picked for a reason..... Its going to be over clocked to within afew mhz of its life and its all going to be house in a Mountain Mods H2G0! with a top snazzy paint job.

Customisation

Light blue tinted acrylic windows.
    Professional Respray - oriental blue candy over a silver base.
    Cut side panels to mimic the others.
    And a slight change to the front.

Hardware

E8600
    Asus Rampage Extreme
    4gb of corsair DHX DDR3 PC3-12800 - 1600mhz......
    4850 Toxic in X-fire goodness.
    1000W Silverstone Decathlon with a few mods.
    4x 300gb velcoraptors ................ In raid 0

Cooling

2 Thermochill PA120.1's, Resprayed in flat black.
    2 Thermochill PA120.2's, Resprayed in flat black.
    2 Laing DDC ultras + xspc tops + xspc L stands.
    Ek supreme with 775 mounts.
    EK Gpu only block.
    Ek asus nb block.
    6x Yate Loon D12SL-12

Last edited: 5 Dec 2008
  2. Daza

Daza MR D to you.

Right then instead of a lian li (got 2) or coolermaster case Ive got something a tad different its a Mountain Mods H2Go, Heres some stock photos from the site;​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right we'll start on the back as you can see Im having a PA120.1 on there on the bottom and as theres no holes pre-drilled unlike the top I had to make my own well couple of minutes later we have this;

[​IMG]
    (close-up http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa209/Daza2142/Tidal rampage/closeupbackdrill.jpg)
    It is straight its jsut the way the masking tape makes it look wonkey, and the rad does fit.

Next we moved onto the top and sides to drill out all five billion rivets followed with cursing and scratching of heads, due to the way they put the rivets in the side panel and window the rivets "spins" when you take a drill to it but a few bits later were there;

[​IMG]

Right now thats sorted, time to move onto the side panels, as I wanted the same window in the bottom as is in the top I got crative with toms jigsaw and made myself deaf again, marking up.................twice;

Window to recreate twice;
    [​IMG]

One side marked;
    [​IMG]

And the other;
    [​IMG]

3. Daza

Daza MR D to you.

******* UPDATE ******

Hehe, Right mr postman turned up today with one big piece of the jigsaw the mobo.

Now after hiring a crane to get the board and all 6 tonnes of copper out of its box (its heavy) I set everything up like a little kid at x-mas, swapped round a few heatsinks so it was configed for air.
    Whacked in the E8600, the memory, gfz and switched on at the mains......Flash flash flash..... and then prees start as per the manual went through the boot ok then bam ............
    ............. cmos error on the lcd display now after 30 mins of changing hardware and cursing at mr ttl I figured out what it was I connected the wrong monitor cable oooops, anyway quick boot to bios reset settings and were all good.

Through the raptors in for good measure and Ive now got a hover as a pc but it all works yay.

Paint next .:D

Right some updated pics, as I had another delivery so all the main bits are here.

[​IMG]

Now laugh all you want this cooler your about to see is keeping my E8600 at 550x8 and loading at 55c okay the v-core is only 1.36v (me want water )

[​IMG]

Yup these came today, got them purely because of the blue pcb only reason that and they were cheap mwhahahaah.

[​IMG]

And yes it all works still, even with raid 0;

[​IMG]

Ive also took apart the soundcard so I can paint the PCI plate same will be done to the gfx and spare plates youll see.

[​IMG]

Right more pics tomorrow as I've finished one side panel and I now hate filing more updates over the weekend aswell.

Last edited: 12 Dec 2008
  4. Daza

Daza MR D to you.

Fast forward to tonight.

Right this is most likely the last time you lot are going to see this case in this hideous black, so Ive now successfully finished with the side panels after they encountered the file;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive also started to get a "feel" for the layout, as you can see Ive got a spare HDD in there to show where the HDD's will go as Im in the middle of making up a HDD cage out of spare parts at TTL customs,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All that is left now is to wait for nuts/bolts to come in along with a few more miles of braiding so just the little jobs oh and get it off to paint.
    And to show that I have started the silly job of braiding;

[​IMG]

Oh nearly forgot Im having the top windows done in acrylic but Im didnt want to stick to the norm of having "clear" acrylic so Im having some "tinted blue" to match the paint job.

[​IMG]

Catch ya laters, and lets start making a few more pages.

Last edited: 14 Jan 2009
  5. Daza

Daza MR D to you.

bobs

6. Daza

Daza MR D to you.

Got a few more bits and bobs through today, got paint penciled in for the new year so got a few weeks to sort the case out and the little bits.

7. tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan Time To Live Customs

Paint is going to be good, cant wait to get this done tbh ;)

8. AFX

AFX "Bling" Silver Mountain 2

Wow that is a killer setup can't wait to see that thing when it's finished.

9. renba

renba hooch is crazy

very nice setup, I want also 4 velociraptors :hehe:

10. Daza

Daza MR D to you.

Update time yayaya

Last edited: 14 Jan 2009
  11. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

MM make some very nice cases and all of them 100% customizable. You have some very nice tech there. I can't wait to see more of this mod.

12. Daza

Daza MR D to you.

Right then long time no updates, the case took a little longer in the paint shop due to the amount of prep but I think it came out ok.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which meant that I could finally get it back to mine and sink my teeth into it mwahahaha:naughty:

[​IMG]

The front with the powdered white grills Ive also got a plate to go over that hole so its all blue.

[​IMG]

The back Ive fitted three fan controllers for the six fans directly onto the case as space is a premium as youll see later, Ive also put on some lian li filters purely for aesthetics.

[​IMG]

Now my big plan is to use that big white box you see to hide the majoraty of the smaller cables (pumps wires fan wires ect ect) and it does the job pretty well.

[​IMG]

Slowly getting there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These two panels are also having tinted blue acrylic fitted jsut something different from normal see through.

Now finally getting stuff in and realising how small this case is to work with everything fits like a jigsaw puzzle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The asus lcd has since been moved to next to the res.

Now everything was leak tested last night and passed, however my PSU is now on RMA after my ears got fed up with the high pitch scream it constantly gave from boot to shutdown and was louder than the raptors.

Right then a small update/Im bored while waiting for my PSU to be examined.

Now since next door woke me up at 7.30am, due to re-roofing there house :mad:, I decided to take out the studio lights and get creative it was either that or play some grid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive also re-tweaked the loop layout as there were a few tight bends that I wasn't happy with hopefully this new one will be better.

Next update should be within the week and hopefully Ill be able to get some full case shots soon.

P.S, A Massive thankyou to TinyTom over at TTL customs without his help and guidance none of this would be possible.:rock:

13. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Really glad to see this back up and running. The colour is very nice and it is all looking great. You could do a little bit more cable management but besides that is is all looking amazing.

14. Daza

Daza MR D to you.

I know the cables look a little rough around the edges but havent gave everyhitng its final polish yet so to speak, the final result should be alot better its just looking a little sorry as things keep getting moved about at the mo, but thanks for the comment. :thumb:

15. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

where did you put the dust filters?
    on the air exit or intake, they won't do much good on the exit
    btw Very nice mod. the colors are outstanding

16. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

ok thats cool :p

17. Daza

Daza MR D to you.

Right tiny update PSU passed the RMA so new one is getting delivered on Tuesday........ fingers crossed. Then do an all nighter Tuesday night an hopefully have some swanky pictures ready for Wednesday.