1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New Riddick game coming in 2009

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Dec 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

I'd heard rumors of a remake of Butcher Bay which seemed a bit pointless, but I'm not going to complain about it being a pack-in with a new Riddick game. I agree its one of the few examples of a movie based game not sucking - mainly (at least in my opinion) by taking the universe presented by the film, but doing its own thing with it, rather than bodging the game into the narrative of the movie.

A game that had similar success was Bladerunner back in the late 90's, for much the same reason.

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

EFBB is one of my all time favorites, can't wait to get my hands on this new one.

4. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Exactly. The reason it is so good is because the universe is so good, and they focused on that rather than a film. If they had focused on a film, and made a game of that, then they would have had all kind of restrictions that would totally ruin the game.

But, in my opinion, that means it is not a game of a movie, so can not be used as an example of a good game-movie tie in. But it sure gives us hope for the future :p

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I agree, it's not really a game of the movie in the truest sense since it doesn't mirror the plot of the (awful) second film or the first one.

6. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

well, i actually LOVE the movies and LOVE the game...

altho i agree its 2 different approach :)

7. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

was it really that good? I never got round to playing it at the time, and i'm scared of being crap because its associated with a film. I'm gunna put on my christmas list now though, i'm intrigued

8. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Maybe time has sweetened my memories but IIRC it was quality entertainment, especially compared to today's standards. Maybe the whole sneaky-sneaky aspect became a gimmick by now but all in all it's definitely worth a try. Besides Vin Diesel is awesome.

9. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Yeah I too thought it was a great game, and to hear that I can play a remastered version, and a completely new one too, is very exciting. :clap:

10. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

It only bears the name of the series, and Vin Diesel's likeness as Riddick - it's actually a prequel, set before the events of Pitch Black. It's also a stonkingly good game :)

11. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop

:D

12. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

I heard about this ages ago and have been waiting ever since and that fact that i loved it on xbox can't wait :)

13. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

Yeah, the "original" EFBB was definitely an above average shooter/first-person-type-a-game with a very unique feel to it thanks to the setting. I have to say the news mentioning it as a film-game adaptation is slightly misleading though, as others have mentioned the only link is the universe and the main character + a few others.

If you haven't played it and like FPS + Riddick as a character, I would recommend checking it out for sure.

14. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

Oh and completely forgot to say that this news is great, though having EFBB bundled with the new stuff is a bit odd, but seeing as it was most likely missed by a lot of people, I guess it serves a purpose. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out, go Atari (for a change)!

15. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Nice! I played the EFBB demo and loved it, but this was a long time ago. I look forward to playing the game on a newer console. :D

16. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

never played the game, but loved the films.. so I just hope this means that make another riddick movie :D

17. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Pity. Seemed an interesting game...

PS:
    http://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Ri...iewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Last edited: 13 Apr 2009
Tags: Add Tags