1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows nvidia display install problem still vga

Discussion in 'Software' started by bwuggley5, 6 Dec 2008.

1. bwuggley5

bwuggley5 What's a Dremel?

Reinstalled XP Home SP3, installed chipset driver , nvidia display driver but still the Windows default vga driver appears in the Device Manager and no Display driver inDevice Manager other than the default vga.
    Installed an earlier nvidia driver and the graphics display seems to have improved but still default vga in device manager.
    This is a DFI Lan Party UT NF4 SLI DR motherboard and there is no display driver avaiable from the DFI driver download webpage...methinks it does not need another display driver but scrolling says otherwise...scrolling is the slow and jerky scrolling you would expect tosee if there was no display driver installed.

2. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Make sure the hardware acceleration for graphics is turned to full:

1. Right-click on the desktop, click Properties.
    2. Go to the Settings tab and click on Advanced.
    3. Go to the Troubleshoot tab and make sure the slider is at Full.

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Nope.. same mobo as me, and I dont have this problem. The driver appears as it should.

[​IMG]

Why you looking on the DFI page for a video card driver? Why not just go to NVidia's page?

4. bwuggley5

bwuggley5 What's a Dremel?

...and I went to DFI to check after nVidia, but no neither. The card is Sparkle 8400GS and works ok I know.
    Ther is no VGA controller installed and no monitor and no indication of an nvidia driver but I tried install display driver 5 or 6 times.
    Nvidia Firewall?? I don't know much about this motherboard. I just had to reboot it ailed to boot. Loose IDE wire in rear of molex, running ok now...got a biiiiig fright eh.

...oh, sorry, slider is all the way...

Last edited: 6 Dec 2008