1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA and 2K Games license Nvidia PhysX technology

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 8 Dec 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

I've been pushing AMD hard for a comment today, but I'm still playing the waiting game. Hopefully I'll have all of my questions answered soon. :)

2. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

see this is why as an ATI user I went ahead for now and bought ASUS PhysX card to fill in the gap but ya aside from the hacked libraries for physx on ATI, DX11 will be the better bet, as for CUDA, well thats nothing new ATI has had Stream for a long while but they are just not bring it to a consumer level. Which Cat 8.12 (release is expected to be tomorrow) will offer. ^^

3. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

My comment was aimed at the 'quality' PhysX supported titles out there. Garry's mod and the source engine games are a prime example of how CPU (and/or GPU) based physics in moderation is the way forward. But thanks for the insult anyway.

4. roshan

roshan What's a Dremel?

But ATI has the edge of directx 10.1

5. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

which sadly due Im sure by nVidia bitching wont be truly used by many makers and will be over looked until DX11 comes out. So most makers will use DX10 and just bunny hop over 10.1 and go straight to 11. :(

6. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Most of the features of DX 10.1 can be replicated on nvidias recent cards anyway, they're only lacking one or two small ones to actually be able to say they are compliant.

Tags: Add Tags