1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Where do CEX get their prices from?

Discussion in 'General' started by 13eightyfour, 5 Dec 2008.

1. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

one of my matge phoned me from the store the other day asking whether he should buy a 1950xtx for £100 and 4gb of generic ram for £80.

i told him to get out of there right away and come round to mine, we got him 4GB OCZ and an 9800GT and he went home with £30 and a smile. thing is if he hadn't known me he would have just bought that crap and never known the difference, its this assumption that they thrive on.

but not everyone can be a geek eh

2. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Hah!
    I went into Cash Mart in Basildon the other week, and spotted a Sub and custom box that I had made and had been stolen 3+ years previously.

That was a wierd experience.

Edit: Didn't buy it either. I'd already bought it all once!

3. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

Should have contacted the police, I'm sure the store would have had to hand it over to you.

4. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Anybody buying regularly from a store like that just may not have heard about the Internet.

5. xAx

xAx What's a Dremel?

Back in about 2002 when I worked there at the Watford branch we had a guy coming in every week bringing in 2 or 3 19" flatscreens. The manager had a ask no questions policy, when clearly it was something dodgy. About 40 screens later the military police turned up and we found out the guy had been stealing them from the Navy base in Northwood. Oh the joy of working for CEX