1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Vote for your Game of the Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 10 Dec 2008.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

so whats up with requiring to sign up to spam??? dont you guys make enough money as it is???

2. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Pretty much voicing the same opinion as everyone here - what is up with having to sign up for a newsletter? You guys do realize that every ****ing newsletter I get from PC Pro, Web Buyers Guide, **** faces who got my email, Dick eaters United and etc is just thrown into my trash. Don't do this Bit-Tech!!! I visit this place about 5 times a day anyway

3. Prestidigitweeze

Prestidigitweeze "Oblivion ha-ha" to you, too.

Like many of the previous Virile Whelps of Bit-Tech (nude calendar to follow), I balked at, nay, was miffed by, the signup prompt. But then I mellowed. And when I reached the ripe old age of two minutes later, I took the poll, unmolested by future in-house spamming.

There's nothing to complain about at this point. You'll look back on this thread with moon-eyed longing on the day when bit-tech begins charging subscription fees.

Last edited: 12 Dec 2008
  4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Pfft, I don't.:p

5. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Who would be so coy as to sign up hundreds of accounts to get votes? Me, the lowly BT reader who enjoys a game but not nearly enough to get 100 votes for said game, or some weirdos at the marketing department of Crysis who hire people to do it?!

6. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

cba to register when it said I need to pick at least one of the newsletters...

7. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

One e-mail weekly = spam? Don't be silly.
    Newsletter is a bit pointless to me though. I intercept every review at zero minute of it's release. But I don't complain.

As for voting - L4D & FO3.

8. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

CBA to read all the posts so not sure if this is mentioned.
    But if the registration thing is just to prevent gaming of the system, why not just use the forum accounts everyone on here has already?
    You could even limit it to users with 20 posts to stop people signing up multiple times and voting?

Anyway, I'm working (though not very hard admittedly) so CBA to sign up then unsubscribe.
    My votes would have been L4D and not much else... :D

9. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Having to register to a Newsletter means that I will not vote.
    Forum accounts should had been enough.

PS: Havent read this thread.

10. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

wut, no TF2 option?! :( Spent over 200hrs on TF2 this year, no other games really got much of a look in.

11. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

12. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Hmm. can't be bothered to sign up to a newsletter, to then unsubscribe from the newsletter when I already have an account with the forum, its effort and I'm lazy. Especially when I would then get to vote on a list of games of which I have only played three, and didn't like one of those.
    Perhaps if the forum accounts acted as a newsletter plus account so I didn't need two accounts for one site. That way if people didn’t want to join the forum but want the newsletter and ability to vote they could have the first level account, people who joined for the forum would have the plus account which would also allow them to select newsletter delivery from cp.

13. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I hope all the moaning minnies on here get nothing but a bag of nuts and an orange for Christmas. It'll really make their lives worth living.

It's not spam - it's one newsletter. A week. I know these things because I get the newsletter and have been since the first one. I'd have actually missed at least a couple of very interesting and relevant articles if I hadn't received the weekly mailshot from my favourite forums.

If me receiving a mailshot a week somehow supports forums I frequent, then tbh that's even better.

14. slugbug

slugbug Going Broke Saving Money

Are there any prizes being given out for this?

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Would you get a prize for voting in an election?

16. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

I got a sticker for voting...does that count?

Ive only played one of the games but Left 4 Dead is way awesome!

17. slugbug

slugbug Going Broke Saving Money

My father used to tell me about how politicians used to buy votes with free beer back in the early 1950s :)

18. roshan

roshan What's a Dremel?

Stalker clear sky,mass effect and fallout 3 for me.

19. StooJ

StooJ What's a Dremel?

Good to know there is a reasonable explanation for the extra sign-up. I'm guessing most people assume the worst these days with all the registrations we need just to play a game we've paid for (GTA IV etc.)