1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games you wanted to finish, but never did?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 26 Nov 2008.

1. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

Crysis WarHead: 2hours into the game
    Fallout 3: 5Hours into the game
    Dead Space: Half way?
    COD World At War: 1Hour into the game
    Jericho: Halfway?
    GRID: Game sucks
    Age Of Empires III: never touched
    Need For Speed Carbon: never touched
    Dawn Of War: never touched
    The Witcher: halfway?
    Spore: dunno
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl boring

Never played these games ever since launch, I don't think I ever will again...

2. superseagull

superseagull If it aint broke, fix it ;-)

Star Wars X-Wing Fighter on my old beloved Gamecube - alas the force just wasn't with me or perhaps I just couldn't let go! :waah:

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

the witcher (got to the boss battle never finished him off)
    FF7
    FF10
    DMC3
    Fallout 3 (im sure i'll go back once the shine of L4D has worn off slightly)
    FC1
    FC2 (no regrets here, ugh)
    Warhammer Online (ok so it doesnt really count but i got to level 17 and never updated my subscription)
    KOTOR (finished the second one but never could be bothered with this)

and many many many more from years ago

4. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

far cry 2 seems like it might be one for me. im playing it at the moment and not really enjoying it. the multiplayer is fun im definately enjoying it, its just nice and simple

5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'm enjoying Far Cry massively, but I don't think I'll finish it either simply because I don't have the time in my life anymore. It's like Morrowind, it would require a lazy summer holiday to get through it.

Same reason I haven't started Oblivion yet...

6. OldY

OldY What's a Dremel?

Tomb Raider Underworld - Played first chapter
    Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - 10 hours in about 3/4 done (Want 100% Trophies)
    Fallout 3 - 2 Hours in (Will play again once trophies are out)
    Dead Space - Finished (Want 100% Trophies)
    Bioshock - Finished (Want 100% Trophies)
    Rock Band 2 - Need to do endless Setlist (Want 100% Trophies)
    Mirrors edge - Last Chapter (Want 100% Trophies)

I would like to get all of this done buy March before Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter 4 and Killzone 2 are out. But the chances of this are unlikely.

7. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

On console?

8. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i have to say i thoroughly enjoy the multi on this game, the only problem is the completely retarded lobby system (give me a server list ffs). would it really take the developers that long to write a different front end for the pc version? that cant be more than a days work for one guy

9. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

Jet Set Willy - too vast
    Bombjack - Great game but I'm sure it had no end, just looped with more bad guys

...so many more in between...

GTA:SA - got to last mission and couldn't be bothered with all the naff fire extinguishing.

10. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Fable 2
    Final Fantasy 5
    I plan on getting around to it, there were just WAAAAAAY to many good games that came out in the last 2 months. I get one and before I can finish it anouther one comes out and I go buy it and start on it.

11. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

i dont know why but far cry 2 single player isnt exciting, i made a rule months ago that i wouldnt start another game before i was finished my current one and i havent had my 360 on in over a week at this stage and im on far cry 2.

its a gud game just cant get into it

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The only game I ever wanted to finish but never did is Psychonauts. I got all the way to the last boss, loved nearly the whole game, but there was one jump I just couldn't do in the final level. I tried it five or six times, had had a really bad day, and just rage-uninstalled.

I've regretted it ever since, and have it reinstalled right now for a later date when I have some free time.

13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

One of the final jumps in Tomb Raider: Anniversary took me over 50 attempts :worried:

It's worth it ;)

14. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Excellent thread!

There have been quite a few games over the years that I have never finished, but no that many that I regret not finishing. Let's see...

Neverwinter Nights 2 - I don't remember why I stepped away from it, but I never did get to the end. Still have my saves though, and must play through it one day.
    Mass Effect - got stuck all the way at the end (at least I assume it's the end as I just got to tap some blue alien ass) and the Geth just keep utterly destroying me! Will have to finish this one! Still have the saves, and almost all of the achievements.
    Far Cry - those mutated monkeys bugged the crap out of me. Never could be bothered to return to the game after running into those.
    Eye Of the Beholder 1,2,3 - Yes, those are classics, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly for a while! But, at the time I did not have the patience required, in spite of me having always loved RPG's. So, hours upon hours of crawling through identical dungeons whilst trying to compose both a mental and a paper-based map of the areas finally got to me. And barring a remake I will not go back to finish those, but I felt they deserved mentioning.

15. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

beat all the games you guys mentioned.. deadspace was the latest- but I haven't beat tomb raider underworld yet.. the last game I didn't finish had to be company of heros (it was because I was switching harddrives in my gaming rig) just didn't want to re-do some of those missions- fun game though

I even went to the center of the spore universe and back =\ mass effect was a sick game- so was the witcher.. crysis warhead was sick too, fallout 3 awesome lots of gameplay there

far cry 2... I only wish I didn't beat this game- gayest game ever made! save yourself the time =]

16. The Gaming Expert

The Gaming Expert I love gaming and blogging!

:) Probably Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I can't play it, because I run Windows Vista! I tried to fix it with several different ways, but I did nothing. Just forget it.

17. technohive

technohive What's a Dremel?

I wanted to finished the game of Age of empire 3 but I never did because I got so busy. But I am planning of continuing it this Christmas.

18. Cjshuck

Cjshuck What's a Dremel?

Sonic and the Secret Rings: Got Stuck and CBA
    Excite Truck: It just made me replay all the tracks so that I unlocked them to race backwards.

Can't think of much at the moment but will be back!

Last edited: 22 Dec 2008
  19. Diosjenin

Diosjenin Thinker, Tweaker, Et Cetera

Company of Heroes: Missions got a bit repetitive. Whenever I've felt like playing an RTS since then, I usually go straight for the Warcraft III.

Assassin's Creed: Just got it a couple weeks ago, but haven't had the time to put into it yet.

Bioshock: Started it coming off of a long bout of HL2 and couldn't adjust to the less-traditional level design and control scheme. Oh, and I hate the UT3 engine. Will try again soon.

Oblivion: Made it out of the first dungeon, looked around, said "I'm lost," and quit. I'm afraid to shell out for Fallout 3 for the same reason.

Half-Life 2, Episode 2: I can barely drive in real life, and certainly not safely. So when they ask you to take down several dozen Hunters by running them over, I have trouble, because I'm more concerned with not hitting the rocks/logs/etc. in the road. (I already know the ending, though, I made the mistake of looking that up).

- Diosjenin -

20. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

How the hell have you got almost all the achievements? It requires at least 3 full (doing almost all of the sidequests) playthroughs to get them all.

Definitely one I want to get the full achievement list for, don't know why, but the full list pretty much means you've done everything there is to do I suppose.

Just got GoW 2, Mirrors Edge and RA3 so add them to my list too :p