1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Indie developer protests Nintendo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Dec 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Looks interesting, It looks like hes put alot of work into the game and i think he deserves reward for doing so.

3. biebiep

biebiep What's a Dremel?

Only fools resorts to these kind of measures... Inducing pity in the general public is like going home crying to mama >_>

I have full comprehension for nintendo's choice not to take his game... They can't just go around and accept every one man bussiness as a nintendo approved game developing studio >_<.
    Tough luck for the guy, but if I was nintendo, i'd be just as picky about choosing new studio's to put my name on...

EDIT: By doing this, he proves he could be a liability to Nintendo...
    But, as you can see from the post above me, Nintendo now has almost no choice to say no... the public just wouldn't accept a no after this, while no terms have been changed.

Last edited: 22 Dec 2008
  4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

have you not seen all the drivle that nintendo already has put there name on???

5. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Looking at the video for it it looks like a hell of a lot of work has gone into it and it looks genuinely interested to play. While i can understand that they'd be picky handing out SDK's to one man companies, when you can see that the game is so far along in production, surely they could base the sale of the SDK to him on the quality of his game, not some false premise or 'design ideas' that other companies have told Nintendo. For i am sure that EA gets a Dev Kit without question, but their games sometimes come out ****, just to see one man put all that effort in is some serious devotion, and look at the video, the game seems massive and awesome.

I'd play it.

God i hope it gets produced actually, and i'd love for it to see it titled 'bobs game' too haha.

6. Tris

Tris What's a Dremel?

He probably doesn't leave his room anyway. The only special thing about this seems to be that he doesnt have any net access, but i am sure he has a few single player games lying about.

7. bowman

bowman Minimodder

This is what's called a clue.

Make PC games instead. Audiosurf, Peggle, World of Goo.. Ring any bells?

8. amacieli

amacieli What's a Dremel?

independ****E***nt!!!! arg.

9. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Have you seen the imagine games range by any chance? ubisoft should be banned from ever developing games for any console for all time. Its not the subjects they cover its the complete lack of quality from the product which makes them so dire. I'd dare say this guys 5 years work will more than likely be better than their games.

But Nintendo havent given him a yes or a no im sure an answer would be nice for him either way and would certainly end this and any public sympathy he may have.

10. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

That is a way to protest... but u have to take a crap someday... Unless u are using the shower... :|

11. hawky84

hawky84 SilentModder

I can't see how this is going to help him reach out to Nintendo, but he has been treated unfairly and as he has complied to Nintendos requirements then Nintendo need to back their own processes and provide what they promise.

12. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

Child.

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Why the hell would Reggie care that much?

14. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

hahaha, great story this.

I think he's better off reconnecting his internet and playing the big "guess-the-email-adress-of-the-guy-in-charge" game. This is probably the best wayi could think of to alienate his future employer.

Sometimes i just think this world is too filled with idiots to be worth recycling for... :wallbash:

15. Lilliput King

Lilliput King What's a Dremel?

I feel really sorry for him. He'll get media interest on the first day, and then that'll be it.

Can't understand why Nintendo don't just give him the SDK though. It seems to me there is so much crap for that console that even if the game is bad nobody will notice the difference, and if its good then it'll stand out and get sales.

Win/Win, surely?

They've just got to make sure the game is at least functional, which I'm sure they do anyway.

16. s3v3n

s3v3n MMO Cold Turkey -fail

I understand if Nintendo didn't give him a SDK, but why didn't they just tell him "No" ? That's wrong just stringing him along like that. If you don't want to, then just say "No" to him. Give the man some closure.

17. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Where's he gonna go poo?

18. TurtlePerson2

TurtlePerson2 What's a Dremel?

Why do people think that Nintendo of America does anything. Nintendo of America is just a front for the company in Japan. Has anyone ever wondered why NoA gets so much attention if they've never made a game. Getting excited about Reggie (whatever his last name was) is like getting excited about the head of Microsoft's marketing division. He has no say whatsoever in the development of Nintendo's games.

19. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Good on him, although, i'd say he's a bit sad developing a game for 5 years, yes singlehandedly (5 years presumably at a 8 hour working day).

Basically it better be bloody brilliant or we'll feel done, an he'll feel heartbroken.

20. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Like it or not, despite his desperation, he has gained more noteriety than most of us will ever have.

Although, spending 5 years in his parents basement building a game, I doubt he will recoup the money he couldve made having even a medial job.

Tags: Add Tags