1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Do you try and get the best parking spot?

Discussion in 'General' started by twentynine, 23 Dec 2008.

1. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

I used to years ago. Now I just don't give a **** as long as it's not like 500yrds away from the store I'm going into.

2. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

I do most of my parking in bristol, so any space anywhere is good, even one that's normally considered no parking in most other cities (eg corners, doubles, ultra tight). Interestingly they don't seem to mind much there, I guess it's just considered normal practise :lol:

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I park wherever is easiest to park - so if I can drive straight in then thats great. This usually means a bit of a stroll to the entrance, but at least I don't have the stress of tight parking spots and other idiot drivers.

Half-empty car parks are great - driving across multiple empty bays makes parking so easy. :)

4. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

I have been known to spot an MG the other side of the car park and go park next to it, ZS's get priority if there are more than 1.

If there are none/i don't notice any, then its anywhere with a space either side because I'm too lazy and have a 12m turning circle and its hard getting into a single space :p

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I haven't slashed tires but I've come dam close, the only reason I didn't was because I was shopping with my mom and she told me not too

6. ATLPIMP

ATLPIMP oooh, shiney

Best parking spot = Least likely spot to have some unconcerned douche bang their doors in to mine (usually the furthest away from the doors):duh:

So, yes, I do look for the best parking spot

7. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Peronally, depending what kind of car park im parking in, ie if its a pub car park that never gets full I park in two bays, yes people might call me a ******, but I don't get any dents etc... by people opeing doors on to my car. (If I go to a supermarket etc... I park were ever there is a space, im not bothered, but not to close to the entrance/exit of the store.)

But... If im in my van, I park where the hell I want, its to wide and long to fit in a bay. So I end up parking out of the way so I can get out of the doors.

Regards
    GiGo

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

+1 parking by expensive cars usually means your car will be safe from dents. Some people have no respect for other cars. A few years ago we bought a car and just a week or so after owning it my parents went shopping and came back to the car and there was a HUGE dent in it. It was as though they did car handle to release the door and then used their feet to slam their door into our car. Disrespectful SOB's!

Im not sure I'd park next to where the carts go though. I was at Walmart one day and was leaving and going back to the car when some lady was unloading her stuff she bought and instead of walking over to the place where the carts were. Which was just across the aisle thing she pushed it across the aisle expecting it to stop at the other carts which werent put away but it wasnt going straight and turned left and was heading for a car and would have made a nice dent if I hadnt rushed over to stop it. She didnt even budge. She just looked over and I guess thought 'oh well'.

Back on topic though. I generally am not too picky. I wont park in very tight spaces if I dont have to as I dont trust other people to be respectful unless they have an expensive car. I've watched people open their doors and there are so many people that dont even look. They just fling their door open. Jerks!

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I guess you dont like a chanellege in life! I dont deserve my tyres slashed because i parked on the white line which boarders the empty bay next to me.

Not at all, but the f**k wit that parked across 3 disabled bays last week to pick up a coffee, and sit down for lunch just because the pick up point was full, and there were loads of empty bays close to the store just an extra 12ft walk, utter C**T he was!

I hate people who miss use disabled bays and drop off points!

10. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Well aren't you cool....

Another really cool kid.

Right so you are in a rush and you make a hash of parking, we all do it once in a blue moon.

Then some **** decides to slash your tyres, if it's just one, on a cheap car thats around £40 for a branded tyre. So you've just cost someone nearly a days work if he/she is on minimum wage.

What a ****ing stupid thing to do.

11. ChriX

ChriX ^

Agree with julianmartin above (+respect for the avatar :p) - it's not like people would even think "ah, I see the these slashed tyres are a repercussion of me parking less than correctly", you'd have to leave a note :eyebrow:

12. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

It annoys me when people park badly, but ill tend to squeeze in next to them and jsut make it generally awkward for them to get in and out, as i figure next time they'll perhaps think "hmm if i park straight, i wouldnt have this problem)

As for spaces, I'll tend to go for closish, but won't put too mcuh into it, if i can see it's busy ill go away from the entrance till it thins out a bit and find a space. At the moment I have a battered scratched and dented Punto, so I don't really care if peopel bang their doors into it, though I've had a go at a woman who opened her 4x4 door into my passenger window and dented the surrounding metal... while i was sitting in the car *rolls eyes*

Actually just thought - i'll spend more time looking for a closer space if i know I'm going to be getting something large and heavy in store, like a desk, loads of heavy food shopping (stocking up on cheesecakes etc), or an elephant...

RwD

13. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

first one i see.

14. OutKast

OutKast 4

I end up having to park the furthest away from where I work every day just to save money!! If not its £12 for half a day!

15. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

I saw a guy at Meadowhall parked perpendicular across 3 spaces (i cant remember which phone/camera the picture is on). I promptly parked across half my own space and half the front of his cars space, blocked the muppet in, the car was still there when I got back and there was no angry man :( felt like I had wasted my time.

Squeezed my car in a 3/4 space at Pizza Hut once as well to annoy the German saloon in the next one, folded my mirror in to get extra close as well.

16. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

there was one time when I was still a new driver driving a pos toyota corolla. I went to park next to a truck that was right on the line of the parking spot. I got distracted and my bumper nailed his tire. It didn't damage my car or his truck but if he had been between the lines I never would of hit him.
    You can also argue that if I was paying attention that I would of not hit his truck either. But thats my point, people dont always pay attention. So why not do yourself a favor and park between the lines.

And if someone ever boxed me in so that I couldn't open the doors, I would just have them towed. At their expense.

17. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

just break their windows and put their car in neutral and push it out of their spot into another car. :lol:

18. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I try to park closer but ultimately dont care, il drive around once to see if i can find a close one - if not il park at first available spot. Also i try to park in more public places rather than secluded so as its less likely to get broken into.

19. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Then they should park properly instead of being dicks. Takes an extra 30secs or so to park "properly" hell, shouldn't even take extra time to park properly, so why not to do it except to say "Hey, I'm gonna be a dick and park like this to piss everyone else off because I think I'm more important."

I don't mind that, but if it means I can't park there, especially if it's my designated space, that I pay for, then yea, 90% chance I will if there's not another parking space except 4+ blocks down

20. NysoO

NysoO Handcrafted

Um, depends on what kind of area you're parking in. Outside my gym for example you are almost always able to park directly outside the front door, it's just that this area is filled with "evil" people who will try and scratch your car etc. :hehe:. Otherwise I'll just park as close as possible, not going to wait for someone though.