1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Rogue (NZXT Rogue SFF) It lives! Aug 13, '08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by craigbru, 28 Feb 2008.

1. yeknom

yeknom What's a Dremel?

Final shots?

CRAIGGGG? CRAIGGGGGGG!!!! :)

2. chaos_efphect

chaos_efphect What's a Dremel?

nice looking case

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

you ever get round to installing the new graphics cards?

come on stop slacking! lol!

4. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

Lol, I'll admit it, I've been slacking. Well, slacking in following up with this case. I've had a couple major issues that haven't helped the cause. The first was a catastrophic data loss on my end. It's completely my fault, and I hadn't been backing up... Yeah, I know... :duh: I've attempted multiple methods and programs for recovery, but there isn't much that hasn't been corrupted. That being said, all of my project pictures were lost, as well as a long overdue, and almost completed bit-tech article. :wallbash: I do have all of my pics still hosted on ImageShack, but they are all resized, and the thought of downloading 700 pictures one at a time, hasn't been appealing yet.

The second issue, and much more recent, is the death of my MSI motherboard. I was having random blue screens for about a week, then it just inexplicably quit, and no amount of tinkering and testing has been able to bring it to life. Unfortunately, the conformal coating on the board makes RMA practically impossible. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I don't want to buy a new board, yet I'm not wanting to part out the rig and move on. I'll probably pull the board out, and try to get the coating off, and attempt RMA anyway. It's worth a shot. Other than the deceased motherboard, the rig has performed to my every expectation, new video cards and everything. :D

I'm still able to get final shots however, and will attempt that soon.

In the meantime, I'm still planning/sketching the next project, Duality, and will start on that early next year. I've got most of the case designed, and am just wrapping up details. I've also just started on a Qmicra project for a friend. It's not going to be anything like the Rogue, but it will still be a no compromises build. I'll start a worklog on that in a week or so. :rock:

5. Spyrious

Spyrious Modding all the Time

I can understand how i missed that.I've gone through all the thread.Holy Moly!!!
    Ultra damn Beautiful!!!Excellent Craftsmanship to say the least.Congratulations!!!

Can you give us a link for the Lcd you used and that nice reservoir?

Thanks for this great contribution to modders.

6. craigbru

Thanks for the kind words mate! Ask and you shall receive...

I got the LCD from Millertech, although they don't seem to carry it any longer. The model isn't listed anymore, but it's a widescreen 10.2".

http://www.millertech.com/computer-lcds.htm

The reservoir is from Primochill.

http://www.primochill.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=98

7. OutKast

OutKast 4

Amazing mod, or I should say scratch build? From reading the log I just couldn't imagine you cramming everything in a rogue. That has seriously inspired me.

Just a question about the griffin powermate, has it been causing any software issues?

8. craigbru

Thank you very much!

I haven't had any issues with the PowerMate. It's always worked very well for me. Then again, I really only use it for mouse emulation.

9. OutKast

OutKast 4

Oh ok! Does it take up an unproportionate amount of CPU resources? Do you know by any chance?

I am definately going to encorporate a PicoITX board into my lastest machine, this projects just shows that you can really put that system anywhere! Luckily i'm going to have some more space though!

Take care

10. craigbru

I would say that the software is very light on the resources. It's certainly negligible.

Yeah, the PicoITX board has been my favorite part of this whole mod. That little thing is a workhorse. It's on 24/7 and handles everything I throw at it. Among other things, I recently started to sync my podcasts to my cell phone over the network. I wake up in the morning, grab my phone, and go. :rock:

11. OutKast

OutKast 4

I am convinced now that a PicoITX within my system is a 100% must, as well as a metal brake!

12. craigbru

Go for it! Pico Cheesecake! I've already decided that there's no way I'll build anything for myself without incorporating a Pico in it.

13. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Craig, i voted for you.

This mod is just pure awesomeness.

14. craigbru

Thank you mate! I appreciate it! :thumb:

15. OutKast

OutKast 4

Just another quick question...
    Did you take into account when measuring up brackets and bend sheet metal about the loss of size due to the bend of the metal?
    Cheers in anticipation

16. craigbru

Yes, I did account for the loss of material. The loss was minimal however. Usually just a few millimeters at most depending on the thickness of the aluminum, and the angle being bent. It ended up being between 1 and 2 mm on 1 mm material, and between 2 and 3 mm on 2 mm material.

17. OutKast

OutKast 4

Cheers! That will help me with my latest project greatly! :clap:

18. craigbru

Excellent! Good luck mate!

19. yeknom

yeknom What's a Dremel?

Hmm, just a question: do the radiators have fans? Or is the airflow based on the San Aces on top?

Great work though!

20. craigbru

The radiators do not have fans. The San Ace's draw air through the sides and out the top. It works quite well since the rest of the case is effectively sealed. As packed as the case is, there is surprisingly good airflow.

Thanks!

Tags: