1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Here's My New Intel 920 cpu

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by viking88, 13 Dec 2008.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i was just interested in how multi-threaded GTA4 actually is.

turns out, it's not really that much. 90% on 3 cores and ~20% across others shows it's not actually optimised for more than 4 cores. adding up the 20% and you'll get a quad core's 100%

2. WTF_Shelley

WTF_Shelley The picture is wheeljack

I have that motherboard and its a bit B******x, The northbridge cooler is so big and close to the cpu socket its a sod to get a after market cooler to fit, couldn't even fit a AF7 pro without it shifting the northbridge cooler slightly.

The biggest problem is if you switch it off at the powerplug when you reboot the mouse isn't reconised until you unplug/plug it back in:wallbash:

3. viking88

viking88 What's a Dremel?

Hi Shelley.. Here's a pic of the board I plan using the E7300 with an F-190HD.. The black heat sink is a little big. Here's the pic.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Dec 2008
  4. WTF_Shelley

WTF_Shelley The picture is wheeljack

Thats the board ive got, and i couldn't get a AF7pro to fit the heat sink on the fans too big. Other then that and the afor mentioned mouse fail it's a solid little board and the onboard gfx runs compiz-fusion at 1280x1024 just what i wanted for a quiet office ubuntu machine.

just warning the good guys at bit-tech that the lack of 3rd party coolers means Ocing this board going to be a problem.

I think we have threadjacked enougth:eeek: now back to your scheduled program