1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Prominent developers make 2009 predictions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Jan 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

Diablo 3 (maybe) thats all im interested in

3. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Dawn of War 2
    Company of Heroes: Tales of Valour
    Empire: Total War

All due out in the next 3 months, all set to be awesome - I'm set for the year!

4. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Duke Nukem Forever! j/k :p

5. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

1up.com has diablo 3 listed for a September/October release last I checked, but buggered if I pay attention to any release dates other than official ones from blizzard. Diablo is the one game I would sink $1500 - $2000 (NZ$ that is) into a new PC to play it on (diablo 2 being the first PC game I sunk decent money on when it first came out [$120]).

6. reflux

reflux What's a Dremel?

Early 2009 looks pretty good to me - DoW2, SC2, Mirror's Edge, FEAR 2....

7. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Molyneux is riding the console cock.

Diablo 3 is probably not coming out this year, as it is scheduled after Starcraft 2. But SC2 should be coming out this year. And that's enough to keep me occupied..

8. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

If it makes it out this year, Half-Life 2: EP3. All I'm looking forward to, or have been looking forward to since I finished EP2!

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Killzone 2?

Other than that, probably DoW2 (When is that slated for release anyway?)

And that 40k brawler thing that THQ Australia are doing. That looks fun.

Don't really give a **** about SC2 or Diablo 3.

10. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

"Garriott's own MMO, Tabula Rasa, proved a bit of a flop this last year and has since closed down completely. "
    Nope it hasn't, still running and still fun. Right now it's free to play - which is a bargain.

My list:
    For MMOS interested in APB, the Agency and Aion this year
    Single players - Killzone 2, Bioshock 2, Alan Wake, Deus EX 3, Ghostbusters, Mafia 2, to start with.
    Lots coming out.

11. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Peter Molyneux really can't stand not seeing himself in the press, can he? If he's not talking up how wonderful his next game is, but he can't really talk about it a lot as it's all very hush-hush right now he's very sorry... it seems he's rubbishing other devs.

Every game he's made where I've actually listened to the hype he's spouted about it has disappointed me greatly. Black & White 1 & 2, Fable... they wow me for about a day, then monotony sets in... Dungeon Keeper, Theme Park, Populous and so on... they were great! But his recent efforts have been... not able to live up to his past successes.

There are rafts of games I want coming out in the not too distant future. I doubt I'll get all of them... Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Dawn of War 2, FEAR 2... I do notice they're all sequels, but companies are wary of trying new stuff at the minute. :(

12. SBS

SBS What's a Dremel?

Isn't that there MAG due out sometime this year? Almost cried when they said it was PS3 exclusive, so well suited to the PC.

13. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

SC2 is coming in 3 "expansions" as Blizzard decided to milk the franchise... each "expansion" focus on one race of the game... so... I'll pass... I would like to have GRID 2 and a good Valve title... :)

14. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

I would like to See what fear 2 is going to be like. Loved the 1st fear and expansion pack.

15. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

Is it too early to see Deus ex 3 out for next christmas do you think?

16. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

man, molyneux is such an irritating idiot. Diablo III, Alan Wake, HL2 Ep3, Starcraft II, Fear II, MAFIA II (Mafia I was awesome on PC), etc....he has no big game coming out so he says 09 will be a down year. A game does not have to be a hyped AAA title to be great, he is a console whore.

17. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

What about Dragon Age? Surely better then any recent RPG Molyneux has come out with, Fable is pretty average. Man, he needs to shut up, I am sure devs with games coming out in 09 liked hearing his arrogant comments.

18. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Certainly looking forward to the first part of the Starcraft 2 Trilogy. Been too long since we seen Jim Raynor an Co.

Alan Wake and Prototype if they are released this year will certainly be worthy of attention.

Halflife Black mesa (hopefully)

The past few years have been great for gaming all round. No reason to believe the trend will change for this year.

19. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

2009 dosent look as good as some years, e.g. 2007 (amazing year), however killzone 2 really makes the year for me, cannot wait. It looks like its going to be epic! :clap:

20. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Just what we need.

Tags: Add Tags