1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors How's everyone's 2009 so far?!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mighty Yoshimi, 9 Jan 2009.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Wow where?

I was on US192 a few months ago at night and was scared to death of that happening to me the whole time till I got to merge onto the 95

2. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

North side of Tally, was on my way back from dropping my gf off. Heavy fog. Came around a blind corner full out, saw the deer, attempted to avoid but it ran in front of me as i was moving over. Discovered my car's ABS no longer works though :blah:

Last edited: 10 Jan 2009
  3. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Windshields cost money, and someone is paying for it. I can take a stab in the dark and guess that everyone is paying for them in thier annual premium, or perhaps everyone's registration is also contributing?

I was actually in Florida on holidays but i didn't know about this! Anyway, enough about windshields, back on topic now.

My 2009 is very good so far. One of my new year's resolutions was to go sky diving, so while on holidays, i manned up, got on a plane, and finally went for it!!! I was quite scared as the instructor was a scary looking dude, but the parachute looked good so it was a go. The plane was a little dirty but it purred like a kitten, so i didn't mind the dirt & rubble. It was extremely thrilling when we were up there, the guy was like "It's go time!!!" opened the door and it was like he opened up a wormhole, sucking everything out of the plane! A couple of maps, us, some rubble, everything out!!!

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Insurance pays for it.

5. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

My 2009 has been pretty fricking rubbish, Got laid off from work due to overstaffing/creditcrunch/fact that agencies are just there to screw you. On the plus side I do have overtime (something normally indicative of understaffing) in my 2 whole weeks of notice..

Yeah finding a job in january is gonna happen.. finding a job in a recession is gonna happen. But me going on the dole for a bit is a pretty good certainty!

On the plus side I'm still with my girlfriend with whom there is much mutual lovingness... and I still have an iPhone! So I'm happy... bitter. But happy all the same.

6. Diosjenin

Diosjenin Thinker, Tweaker, Et Cetera

Better than 2008, I think. Which is enough for the time being. Last year sucked.

- Diosjenin -

7. Doc

Doc oops.

I haven't been hit by a bus yet! whee!

8. Shuriken

Shuriken same christmas AV for a whole year

I almost feel bad about this, given the rest of the thread, but so far my 2009 is kicking the crap out of previous years.

New years day was especially awesome, but I wont go into detail on this here family forum ;)
    Other than that, January is the first month in which my business has bee successful enough to pay me a good wage, I've got a working car and motorcycle, and I'm about to get xBox live gold, what more could a man want?

Well, some Cheesecake would be nice...

9. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

we want a picture of this culprit! we'll be unimpressed if it's a piece of gravel :hip: =]

I think we can all say that with our motor mishaps, we've had a good yeah compared to Lorquis.

10. SupReme

SupReme Message is over there ->

My 2009 well...

I got ill @ 2AM January first... been ill for a week, then i got examweek @ school, at which i failed epically...

On the other hand, i did get an 1TB harddisk, and an iPod Touch =)

11. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

sucky. am also ill. i wake up every morning pretty much drowning in my own mucus.

12. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

No money, no friends, no bright career prospect.

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

And how are the last three posts related to motors? I was about to write something similar, but then noticed the category.

14. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

My first winter with the Almera and so far the SR20DE's reputation proceeds it and its lapping up the cold weather it loves the cooling chills in the wind. Just needs the suspension and chassis fettling.

Almost the perfect time for a ring trip.

15. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

meant to put general but must have been thinkin of motors when i clicked it!

16. Jipa

Oh I see, pardon me in that case.

My year has been MEH. Got away from the army, but after that it's just been sleeping and waiting for 23.2. and the plane to take me away from here.

17. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

.... i haven't had a chance to drive my a3 properly because of my illness? (actually i didn't notice the category either, and was too lazy to read through entire thread)

18. fantastic dan

fantastic dan Minimodder

hmm, not been the best of years so far. My flatmate is an arsehole so I was planning on moving out but there were redundancies on Friday and I've been told I need to cover other job aspects that are nothing to do with my area of expertise. Also looks like there are zero long term prospects.

I'm seriously tempted to just leave. Although it's a recession I'm good at my job, have a good degree and professional certifications. I recon I could get another job, even if it required a bit of a wage cut. I don't really like the people I work with anyway.

19. fev

fev Industry Fallout

Two funerals in 3 days, welcome to Jan.
    Car needs two new rear tyres too, they got mullered on the jaunt from oxford to worcester, worcester to cheshire, cheshire to dumfries, dumfries to worcester.

gash

20. Jipa

It's rapidly turning from "How's everyone's 2009 so far" to "Lets see who's january has sucked and blowed the most".

fev: I'm sorry, that's already pretty bad :/