1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's LiquiD EVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 3 Jun 2007.

1. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

ow :waah: bye tribal :(
    will we ever see blackout finished ?
    I really liked your mod and reservoir.

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Probably has to go into witness protection. He'll be back but we won't recognize him! Can't miss his work though.

john

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Did you receive any information we didn't get, John?
    Witness protection? Seriously?

Or did you take a quick sniff in your painting booth?

4. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Nah, he just recognizes the tone of the post from his Hell's Angels days... :)

Seriously tho Tribal, I enjoyed reading your logs, learned some good stuff and can imagine you getting stressed out with the whole business side of things. Stay positive, keep it fun!

5. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

No witness protection but I've had this info in PMs for a while.
    I wait like you do. Tribal's work is unique and always inspiring.

john

6. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

Hey guys. Dont miss me because I'm not really going anywhere. I'll be back shortly. I just have to figureout a cool company name/ user name and,... I am currently building a new rig to be used as my main workstation. I'll be doing a lot of 3D modeling seeing that most if not all of the stuff made by me will be cut by machines.

I've been reading up on AutoCad 2009. AC 09 was laggin big time on my old machine so I definitely new this new machine. The new machine being:

PC Components:
    - Dual Acer 22" widescreen monitors
    - Intel Core2 Quad 2.5Ghz processor
    - EVGA nForce 790i mainboard, 132-YW-E180-A1
    - 4GB DDR3 1333, G.Skill ram
    - Dual 9800GTX videocards
    - Corsair 750W PSU
    - Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty soundcard
    - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200rpm 16mb HDD
    - Microsoft Sidewinder X5 mouse
    - Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard
    - CoolerMaster Cosmos case

WC Components:
    - BIX III 3X120 radiator
    - Dual Swiftech Obsidian 9800GTX blocks
    - Swiftech Apogee GTZ cpu block
    - BitsPower EVGA nForce 790i NB & SB block <--- very cool
    - DD Fixed Speed D5 pump
    - BitsPower 5.25" POM reservoir
    - 88cfm 120mm Fans

A lot of this I still have to purchase. I bought all the watercooling stuff already. The PSU too. I just have to buy the main stuff now. I will be doing that next week, thursday.

I wont be modding this rig at all. Well just enough to get this thing running. Have to get that rad ontop of the case. I dont want to cut the case up to much. This case really isnt for show.

After I finish this case I am going to design and build a CNC router. Maybe a 3' x 3' router. Thats a good size to srat off with. It should cover most of what I want to do. This router is going to be beefy as hell. It's going to be my work horse. It has to be as accurate/ precise as possible. Made mostly of steel. Iron angle, bars, sheets etc. I dont really care about it's overall weight. I actually want it to be heavy with very low center of gravity. The base will be the heaviest seeing that I'm going to need to be true and straight and be able to hold that even if I bump it a bit. the Y gantry will be lighter but still very strong. I need the overall machine to be strong as hell. Reason being because I need these thing to be as fast as possible while maintaining accuracy. So the stonger and stiff the better. If I have to install some seriously beefy steppers to get this thing running,... so be it. Accuracy and speed is a MUST! I know I wont be able to get this thing to operate at the speed of light but I'm willing to settle for as fast as possible. I will make up for any speed that I cant get out of this machine by building a second one.

I will be cutting up acrylic and other various plastics, aluminum, copper, maybe brass. I'll be making a lot of stuff with these router. One thing I cant wait to make is waterblocks. I'll be making reservoirs with these machines too.

Eventually I will be making other CNC machine too. We'll see how far I get.

I will be finishing Blackout. I just dont know when. Right now I do not have a place to work. I will not settle for less either. My girlfriend and I are currently living in a nice house here and NJ that she is renting. Shes a traveling nurse so her compnay pays for it. Anyways,... she knows about my plans with all this. She's all for it. So when the lease is up we are either going to find a permanent place to live. I need to permanence to run a business. plus she wants kids so she has to settle done too. So we're going to try and find a place where we can maybe have a 2 car garage that I can start off with. Maybe even some land that I can build on?!?! Maybe one of those prefabricated steel buildings? I dont know. We'll see what happens. I eventually want to get into injection molding. So I have to research into that.

Anyways. You guys are caught up. I will post pic of my new workstation under my new name. You will know who I am. If you cant figure it ou tI will just tell you;) I just dont want to continue with my old name. I apologize for all the dead worklogs. I had to. Sorry. I'll make it up to you guys. Promise.

7. tribaloverkill

Oh I forgot to mention that my girlfriend got me a nice 140amp Arc Welder for xmas so I will be welding these cnc machines together along with some other stuff. I really would like to get a nice TIG welder but the one I want is like 3000. Due to it's compact size. Yea. But the one I have is a start.

8. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Man I am really sorry things didn't turn out for ya. Don't stray too far from the light too long, I can't wait to see your new reservoirs and designs ;).

-Tb40-

9. tribaloverkill

I'm not straying at all. This is my passion dude. This is what I do. I am not going to stop until I get to where I want to be. I am also going to see if I can take up engineering online. I seriously want to be the best. I cant wait to start building my CNC machine. I will have my new pc up and running within maybe 1.5 - 2 weeks.

10. InferiorPlanets

InferiorPlanets Worshiping the SilverStonehengeā„¢

Glad you're gonna get everything back together Bro! I'm pulling for you man. Just be sure you do your crazy-ass videos when you start your projects! :thumb:

Cheers,
    Mac

11. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

I'm afraid of what you Said ;>

XFi sound card for rendering 3d models on AutoCad ? :p (just joking, good soundcard for stressful work)

GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK IN HERE !!

CNC - i'm affraid that this can turn into not good thing... I've got to say that i've got lot to do with waterblocks made of cuprum with bless of bought CNC router for about 20K of $ ... and trust me or not - sometimes it's not as acurate for cnc job. But if you want to make it by yourself go and try but time that you will spent on this machine can turn into loose of time and money - think of that pro cnc machines are made with right standarts :p

AGAING I'M glad that you're HERE :p

Best Regards
    Tomek HeXeN

12. tribaloverkill

Hey hex:) Doesnt matter dude because I'm still going to do it an do it right. I'm going to make this thing the way I want it to be made. Not going to pay for a cnc router that was designed and made by someone else. They might of had something else in mind when designing it. MY CNC router has to be a damn tank.

I know that stuff like waterblocks are usually cut with a CNC mill. Maybe I will make a CNC mill after the routers. Router are a bit fast for metal work BUT I know it can be done. I will try. I will definitely report my results. If the ruoter cant handle the block work then I will hold off for a CNC mill. No big deal. I definitely will have enough work for the routers regardless. I'll be taken orders to custom cuts too. Thats down the road though. I have a lot to do before that.

So you spent 20k on a cnc router? Damn. Thats like 4 - 5 extremely nice home built routers. I know that with patience and skill you can get a home built to perform just as nice as an off the shelf router. This is what im shooting for. I definitely think accuracy is more important than speed in the lng long. But as fast as possible is still the key. I have to carefully balance out the components.

And the X-FI card is for my FL Studio and Music play back. I need the best sounding trance while I'll work:)

13. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

I know you will maki it the best you can and this sh...t will be a tank but precision can be hard to get :) But i trust in your skills! And of course i keep my fingers crossed about your future company (i'm now in the same stage -creating firm, getting founds etc... )

Best For You Tribal!
    HeXeN

14. tribaloverkill

Well hopefully the tank like quality will keep the router from flexing. I cant settle for less then accurate. I will have the tools, materials, and online resources to get it done right. I hope you follow along as I do this. I will nail it. If I want to succeed I have to get it right. It;s going to be a huge lesson for me. I have many other machines I want to make also. The router is the first step.

15. FrooP

FrooP can I eat this?

am i the only one who is afraid of his badass kids? i guess they wont get toys to play with, i think theyll build it by themselfes lol, ah yeah, and you shouldnt weld more then the base of the router, because the material is moving from the welding, so you wont get a straight machine at all. you should screw stuff together (and omg dude those suckers are expensive to build, im talking about at least 20.000 $ here)

16. tribaloverkill

I dont plan on welding the whole thing together so it nothing but one huge piece of steel. But then again I dont want 5 million pieces to bolt together either. There will be several key parts that will bolt together for adjustment. The base will definitely be the heaviest part of the machine. I am loking to spend around maybe 4000USD per machine which is actually a lot considering that people make very nice homemade CNC routers a bit over 1000.

And you better be afraid of my kids:) I will force creativity upon my kids. Because creativity is who we are and it's what sets us apart.

17. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

It's good to hear you're OK!!!
    So the downtime is just from a change in MO. That's good. We should be able to figure out your new nick fairly easy... just look for the crazy/smart in the log.
    A woman who supports your bad habits is hard to come by. Treat her well!:D

18. tribaloverkill

Hey cheapy. Thanks. I'll be back soon. My baby loves me so that my bad habits aren't so bad:)

19. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

I'm glad to hear you're still alive ;) I have also been checking up on you a few weeks ago. Went to different forums, your website, AC Ryan's website, just to find out you haven't visited the forums for months.

I don't even want to know what you can do with a cnc mill, when you can make masterpieces with just a few hand tools. But whatever your nickname will be, I will be checking your logs every single day :) Good luck!

20. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

Good Bye TribalOverkill ....... Hello ??? ..we'll see

best of luck to you and your plans :thumb:.....I really hope it all works out the way you want it to work..........

Alan