1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: CircleButterfly (080403 New PSU comes with trouble)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mr_carl, 3 Sep 2007.

1. mr_carl

mr_carl What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone :)

So there will be a small update later this week, and here is an explanation why it´s taking forever to get somwere with this project.

First, I have a girlfriend and she wants to spend time with me :jawdrop::thumb: but now she is sick so I have to take care of the dog :eyebrow:.
    Anyway biggest problem has bean that I broke my first powersuply and I had a feeling that my new one would´t fit in the little circle, it did take some time to by a new one but now I have and offcource its to big so I will have to redo the powersupply circle to a little bigger one, and that takes me to the next problem. When I make a bigger powersupply it doesn't fit the front plate, so I will probably have to redo it :wallbash: and that takes me to a little design period with is almost done.
    So there you have it, pictures will come later this week, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, so thanks :D

Macros_the_Black - Thanks mate :D

Real McCoy - don't worry update will come soon :thumb:

JAxen - Thanks mate, Scrollsaw is bought at Clasohlson ( Classe rockar fett vettu :D , finns även liknande på Jula till samma pris typ ;) )

Yemerich - Thanks, thanks and thanks once again :thumb:

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I could be worse.:D A girlfriend with needs with a dog is better than a girlfriend and a dog with ISSUES. :hehe:

3. mr_carl

mr_carl What's a Dremel?

That is so true :)

Some wise words form a wise man :D

4. mr_carl

mr_carl What's a Dremel?

OMG WTF AN UPDATE :eeek:

Yep, yep, yep
    finally I have done some more work so I can deliver an small update.

And to start with here is the big probem at the moment.
    As you can see this is the front panel of my case and as I have told you all before I have changed my PSU and it has a bigger pcb.
    The small Circle in the middle is the original size I was supposed to use, the blue markings is the smallest I can use and the red marking is the size I want to use.
    If I use ether one of the new sizes it will bee to big, so what I have to decide is if I´m going to keep this front or make a new one.
    If anyone have any suggestions of waht to do you are welcome to put them here.

[​IMG]

and one more view.
    [​IMG]

So off to som more interesting stuff.

Here is my new PSU, ones again I´m using a Tagan :thumb:
    [​IMG]

Looking nice...
    [​IMG]

...top is off...
    [​IMG]

...bottom is off...
    [​IMG]

...other side...
    [​IMG]

...now this is really making me nervous that I´m going to destroy this one as well.
    [​IMG]

After I had broken up the PSU I had to cut something, so I started to make a HDD case.
    This is just the beginning :cooldude: and because the project is called Circlebutterfly I thought, why not do a circle with a butterfly :geek:

Circle...
    [​IMG]

...with butterfly cuttings :)
    [​IMG]

and an angle view.
    [​IMG]

The plexi is just regular transparent plexi, but its blue because the protection stuff.

Dog :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the yellowish pictures, but it´s not so good lightning and if I use the flash most off the time there just is a big white blurry thing in the image.

And as usually I'm off to bed.

God night

5. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Nice dog closeup, what kind do you have?
    Back to the topic nice Acrylic work.

6. mr_carl

mr_carl What's a Dremel?

Hi Supra,
    My dog is an English Cocker Spaniel, I have some images the hole him some were so I can post them when I find them, or maby I will take some new ones always good to practise photoing on the dog :D

Thanks for comment :)

7. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

VERY NICE work MC..:thumb:

8. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

This is an awesome idea. Looking fantastic.

Also I have found those grinding stones to be useless for alu also. I have found teh sanding drumms to work the best.

9. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Really nice idea, and brilliant creaftmanship!
    Keep on, brother, amaze me!

10. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

It was a long time ... i'm glad that youre back with update :)

but i think i see that your table is also custom engraved em I right ?

You killed preatty new PSU for mod ! thats nice !!

P.s. can you put a picture of whole table ? ? ? :>

11. mr_carl

mr_carl What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the comments everyone.

As you can see I haven't done anything in a very, very long time with this mod and the biggest reason is I didn't read this article more than ones.

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2007/03/23/planning_your_case_mod/1

So for anyone new reading this log, red the article and then read it again plan yore mod and read the article again.

Anyhow, I will continue the mod when I have planed everything so it will work as I have planed in my mind, but it will probably take some time to get there, and as I think all modders I´m also thinking of my next (or simultaneous) project at the same time.

HeXen: The table is an old table I found at an old mans house and it was abut to get thrown out so I took it and have it in my workshop. I will take a picture on it when I go there next time if I remember.

Thanks again for the nice comments it makes all the different to me and makes me want to finish up and not just start a new project and ditch this one, thanks.