1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress H2O-C7 June 26 Still more Rain! SUX

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jhanlon303, 22 Oct 2008.

?

Guess my weight!

Poll closed 25 Dec 2008.
  1. Less than 2Kg

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 2Kg to 3Kg

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. More than 3KG

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

I found em... they're in Langer's still!

Freaky John, Freaky... is that going on a case?

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Don't give that man any more ideas. He's going absolutely mental by now anyways. :p

But, MM, as you have found them... play nice and put them in a box with

'To
    John 'the mad man'
    CANADA'

on it, will you? Maybe he'll have them back in a couple of decades.

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Anyone have a Sketch up model of a bald former postal route carrier who couldn't seem to deliver my eBay pkg? I heard about a scratch build case contest somewhere.

john

4. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Well old man ;), I'm home and I'm exhausted...

so...

Tomorrow morning I'll finish cutting the new panels for you - they'll be in your hands by weds. I'll toss in a couple of 90deg fittings for your loop - on the house. =)

I'll take some pics of the cutting to keep the animals here satisfied until wed.

Have yourself a fine evening, catch you on the morrow.

5. jhanlon303

Thanks for the update. Take a rest!

Did you find any time to think about your own project - what was it's name?

john

/edit - Just saw your post in Prom. Sorry about your Granfather.
    Condolences to your whole family.

6. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I forget what it's called... Pomegranate something-or-other.

...while there I organized *free* tooling, all my carbon/copper parts are being cut and machined at no cost to myself... That was a big factor holding back my progress.

Finding a shop willing to work at my spec, capable of working with copper and carbon fiber, and at a reasonable fee was no small order (there's a lot more to my requests, but that's a tale for another day); it required me to look towards my American brothers to the south... Luckily they have this "recession sale!" thing going on right now for a limited time engagement, so they are doing my work for free :eyebrow:. :D

7. InferiorPlanets

InferiorPlanets Worshiping the SilverStonehenge™

Thought I was still drunk...or maybe I am, but John, why exactly do you have a "water bear" as your pic now? I think that the fan in your "paint booth" may not be working.

If you do hack up the mailman, ask the SOB where the hell my 6 week old (not to mention 5 month old) NewEgg order is before he dies!:eyebrow:

jhanlon303 likes this.
  8. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Because the waterbear is invincible... much like John.

9. jhanlon303

Actually the tiny bungers have taken up residence in the poison dart frog tanks pond. I don't think they are native to Colorado. Probably came in on the dried moss from the last tank overhaul. Only 1mm max but the pond water quivers. I think I may have an infestation. Clean the old tank and move the frogs, eh! I think the frogs are eating them!

How many millions of years of evolution to make these thing with more than 4 limbs?

Six legged dogs and cats, ladies with 4 arms? Hmmmm.

john

+rep to InferiorPlanets for recognizing the avatar

Last edited: 18 Jan 2009
  10. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Goodluck with that... aren't they supposed to be the ultimate creature, like Alien.

They can hibernate in space, and return - like a super seamonkey.

11. jhanlon303

Yeah, indestructible! I wonder if moving the frogs would even work. Would these things live on frog skin?

/Begin another off topic

I DID receive one of my eBay pkgs. A 7" X 9" Fiorentina suede leather lined journal from Italy. Sweet embossing on the cover, leather tie down. I need to distress it a bit and I need to learn how to use a lined journal. Probably can still make small drawings even with the lines. Stay in the lines - the lines are our friends.

I will take a pic if anyone is into journals.

john

12. InferiorPlanets

You gotta post some pics! Those frogs have some wonderful coloring. Why is it John, that you Sir, have the coolest stuff in the world? I remember seeing some pics of the synths you used to build a year or so back. I think my PM about them may still be in your Bit-Tech inbox.

Why thank you. We've decided to get out of the aviation contracting game by the end of March, so maybe I'll drop by on a lay-over so I can help you get medieval on the postal worker!

@Langer- I thought it was because of John's skills of thriving (and modding) in zero gravity!

13. jhanlon303

There are some pics of the frogs here - http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh137/jhanlon303/Azureus/

Wonder around my album there are animals warm and cold blooded in lots of folders.

As to why I have "stuff" - I have 3 college degrees( biblical studies, Computer Science, and Electronics Engineering), a very beautiful CFO ( my lady wife Marilyn since 1975) and an overwhelming desire to find out "How about?)

The main thing I have learned in almost 6 decades on this planet is HAVE FUN! To do that you may have to work hard and give up for a while what you want. Family comes first - fun will find it's own time.

I'm not sure about the zero gravity, but I can relate to zero O2 a lot.

john

14. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Those are some really cool little frogs. They remind me of the Australian Corroboree Frog, except ours are yellow and black.
    [​IMG]

15. jhanlon303

That might be an Azureus. I had one of them. The green and black are Auratus.
    The only ones poisonous are the wild caught ones. The poison comes from their diet in the wild. Captive bred are "almost" hand tamable.
    Spook easily, dog bark, bird noise, telephone rings they are gone.

Way tiny. Most are size of your thumbnail.

john

16. InferiorPlanets

That's why I'm getting out of the helicopter mechanic business- I need to get my family out from underneath all of the stress that comes with the job. I'll get to spend more time with my wife and son back in the States drawing my Veterans Admin disability check than I do here. May even get me some of that kolledge edjumuhkashun stuff that you have.

You've got a great life going for you Bro, and even though I know you won't, don't forget it (but at your age I don't know if it can be helped ;):hehe:)!

Have a Newcastle on me John (or for that matter a Guinness, Red Stripe, or one of my personal favs XXXX) :thumb:

17. jhanlon303

Thank you for the thoughts.
    I spent 6 yrs. as a manager for IBM. I was on call 24/7 X 365. When they offered the early retirement my lady made me painfully aware that in those 6 years we never had a vacation.
    Do as as I say NOT as I did.

john

18. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

and if you have the possibilty to have more time with your family do it .
    I wasn't home enough to see my sons grow up , missed the first steps,the first teeth and the first words , coming home once a month or every 6 to 8 weeks ..... before you know it they are grown up.........

Alan

19. jhanlon303

The ONE redeeming quality of my indentured servitude to IBM was a virtual office at home. All of my peeps worked from home all across the US. I used to sit at my desk at home with Ryan sleeping on my lap. I missed nothing except vacations. Was good for whole family.

Sons are 42, 39(last week), and Ryan at 15 (16 Feb 22nd).

I-R Oldtm.

john

20. InferiorPlanets

That would be pretty schweet...well, which is why I'll be setting up a part-time home business when we get back to "the World". Hell John, age is just a number. With as much as you have going at once, you sure ain't old!

I hope that saying "You're only as old as you feel" is talking about the mental aspect. At 32 (or 33...how the hell old am I?!) I've got the mindset of a young one, but a body that feels about 90. Sucking down painkillers and Osteo Bi-Flex at my age sucks...Thank You US Army!