1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lian Li PC-888

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 Jan 2009.

1. Matticus

Matticus ...

You can't expect all that data to fit into one small easy to read graph. Landscaping it wouldn't make any difference apart from pulling the whole site out of line and making you side scroll like it was the 80s.

I agree with you that it is impossible to compare, but there is no need to get all sweary about it.

Maybe an idea is having a check box system, so we can select which cases to compare. Or even just a set of drop down boxes with a row or column linked to it, and then you can choose up to X amount of cases.

I.e. you select case A, B, C, and D from the drop downs and they are displayed in a chart. I think another popular review site does something similar with a huge database of stuff.

2. BadHead

BadHead Minimodder

I'm happy with my 3 year old Akasa Eclipse case.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Eclipse is still my favourite case of all time. I'm thinking of moving my gaming rig into a CM HAF932 and keeping the eclipse for a workstation which I've been meaning to build for ages.

4. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

well, I like the color ;)

5. NightrainSrt4

NightrainSrt4 What's a Dremel?

Nice review once again! I like the anodized blue, and how it matches throughout the case. I wouldn't even mind the shape, as it is innovative, but at that price and the pokey thing on top kinda ruins it. If only other manufacturers would start at the very least painting the inside of the chassis black or something better than the generic gray I would be much happier.

On the last page, paragraph 4, it cites the intakes being 120mm when they've been listed as 140mm's the entire review. Just a heads up. :)

6. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

My eyes just glaze over the thermal results graphs and I read the note at the bottom for review i'm just reading. If I was going to buy a case I'd love to have those graphs so I can see, in detail, where things are in respect to the similar performing cases which may be different prices and might influence my purchase decisions.

I know that their similar heat sink graphs helped me choose a heat sink that was cheaper and better performing then the one I was initially thinking of getting.

7. ChuckyP83

ChuckyP83 What's a Dremel?

About the graph. Since all the numbers are so similar, it doesnt make sense to even have the bars. A chart would be better. Or at least make the bars a lot thinner so the graph doesn't scroll through 3 screen heights(?).

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea we're going to sort this out in future reviews don't worry :thumb:

9. Spyrious

Spyrious Modding all the Time

Ugly Design. Especially this antenna looking like on the top.The blue makes it even worse.I remember another ugly case from Lian li,it is shaped like an "@".

10. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I think the designer mixed up the plans of the case with a new hotel in Dubai :p

11. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

They have missed out on a trick not putting a wireless card with the antenna out of the top :)
    Not that that would have redeemed it much.

12. Supa_M

Supa_M What's a Dremel?

Honestly...1 ugly case, if anyone ever found out i spent that kinda money on this case...i would probably get shot...i'd rather buy a nice monitor or gfx card with that cash...

13. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

Upon further consideration: if this thing was a lot cheaper, and particularly if it didn't have the Lian Li name built in on top, with the useless handle and post, it would at least be mildly interesting as a water cooling case. But the way it is,,.. icky poo.

14. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I really like the design and color except for the goofy ass pole sticking out on top. But 500 dollars is just ridiculous.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

This is probably the "Thermaltake-iest" case LiLi have ever made! Just say NO!

16. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

How hard is it to make cases the same color throughout? I completely dislike the design of the case and I'm not exactly a huge fan of the color but I love that it's anodized blue all the way through. I know the Lian Li "Spider Platform" case is red throughout and the Lian Li Tyr cases are black throughout but other than that I can't think of any other cases that are like that. I absolutely love how this looks but I think the cheapest out of those cases is the smaller Lian Li Tyr case (the PC-X500B) and that one is $359!

Also, what the hell is that stupid pole thing poking out of the top of the case? Does it have any functionality?

17. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

I think that privilege is still reserved for the Armorsuit series of cases. Thermaltake makes garish and overdone cases, I think this level of unnecessarily goofy design is beyond them.

18. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

Was i the only one that thought the "Spike" was a built in WiFi antenna?

19. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Sarcasm for the win Baz?

Just a shitty day?

Or fed up of morons?

Its great to see red names posting aggressively!.... (see, we all can do it)

20. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

the pc-x2000, are they ever going to release it here in the US?

Tags: Add Tags