1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No Fable II for PC, says Lionhead

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Jan 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Shame because I would have bought it in a second if they did release it. I don't intend on buying a 360 any time soon and I prefer gaming on the PC anyway. So thats one lost sale at least.

3. reflux

reflux What's a Dremel?

It seems like a lot of these companies have a vendetta against PC gaming. And they seem to be the ones that are where they are because of us PC gamers - Epic and Lionhead would never exist if it wasn't for the successes they achieved with the PC. Way to go guys.

4. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

Awww, CRAP.
    Not impressed...

The modifications for it would have been awesome. ;P
    *cries in the corner*

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I've only found one port to PC decent, and that was Devil May Cry 4. Every other port I've had experience of has left me... unimpressed.

But to be honest, I was so underwhelmed by Fable 1 on the PC that I really don't care. I've been disappointed with every Lionhead game I've played. *shrug*

6. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

not impressed either...

7. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Can't say I care. I'll be spending my money on proper PC games, like Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.

Have fun tinkering with your console games, Molyneux. I'm sure the lowered quality bar and expectations have done a lot to make your days at work simpler.

8. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Not missing much, i have a 360, and I must say, Fable 1 and Fable 2 are amongst the most overrated xbox games, very simplistic RPG that lacks considerable depth, no dialog choices at all. Not missing much with games like Dragon Age on the way.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

name one good lionhead game exept fable 2

as i cant

10. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Fable II is not that good either. RPG for 6 year olds.

11. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I can deal with the fact that "Peter Molyneux's Lionhead Studios" isn't ported to the PC... :p

I'd really like for "Fable 2" to be ported to the PC, though. Fable (1) had its flaws but was still very enjoyable to play. One of the few games to lure me away from CS/CZ, for instance. :)

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Its all fairy tales and fables to me...

13. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

surprised there's not more bitterness in here, like when it was announced gears of war 2 wasn't going to the pc either.

that wasn't a big loss, tbh. but it's a shame people are going to be missing out on fable ii :(

14. lildopDOTcom

lildopDOTcom What's a Dremel?

With how cheap 360's are now anyway. So if your that desperate, drop about 120 for a pre-owned 360, finish fable in a day or 2 then return it all.

It's crap companies rule out certain platform's with games. But i guess its just one of those things.

15. togaman5000

togaman5000 What's a Dremel?

Truthfully I was planning on buying it and giving it a go. If this is due to piracy concerns, then I'm disappointed in Mr. Molyneux. Look at Valve, do what they do, and piracy won't be a huge issue.

16. Diosjenin

Diosjenin Thinker, Tweaker, Et Cetera

I would have bought it in a heartbeat. I'm sure not going out and buying a 360 for them just so I can play it, though.

Their loss.

17. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Ignoring the massive flaws in Fable II for the moment, I would just like them to patch the game so I can actually finish it. I can't interact with anything any more, and judging by the posts on the Lionhead forums, I'm not alone. :(

18. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Part of me wants to believe the lacking PC versions lately in certain games is an attempt to further drive 360 sales. I know that I would rather play majority of the 360 games on PC at a cheaper price and buy PS3 exclusives. Used to get the best of both worlds, but now games, and in some cases, the DLC is being locked out of the PC version. Hopefully Valve doesn't cave to this business model with the Xbox (I doubt they will, but if Microsoft was actually able to convince Bethesda and Epic, to cut out the PC on some games/content, who knows what else they can do).

19. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

I still don't believe them when they say Gears of War 2 will stay console exclusive. It was the same for Halo 2, GTA 4, Mass Effect and others.

20. naokaji

naokaji whatever

No pc version of fable 2? their bad, guaranteed no sale to me then.

Tags: Add Tags