1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Recommend me some Podcasts

Discussion in 'General' started by Sp!, 28 Jan 2009.

1. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I do a good 3 hours a day in the car commute and I got a shiny new ipod for christmas so I've been trying to get into listening to podcasts as well as music as the radio is just driving me nuts.

I'm subscribed to TWIT which I'm quite enjoying but I've tried a few others and I'm just not getting on with them... any suggestions I'm looking for tech, gaming, news or comedy I think but I'll give just about anything a go...

So far I've tried...

Stephen Fry's podgrams - just a bit too intellequtual for me (as you can tell by my spelling)
    Geoff's Hometime show on absolute radio - I quite liked but it's like 30 minutes daily and I don't like it that much
    8 out 10 cats - felt I was missing something not watching it
    Retronaughts - just too geeky for me
    The onion - WTF???

2. opal

opal Eh?

The Onion is just a parody and not to be taken seriously. Some of their "news" clips are quite amusing.

3. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I know but the one I listened to can't have been more than 30 seconds and made no sence... maybe I'm just missing something...

4. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

I've been a quite keen follower of Buzz Out Loud (from CNET).

I also enjoyed watching Tekzilla, but I rarely get the chance to watch podcasts these days, unfortunately.

I used to follow TWiT but then it just got a bit laborious and boring, they'd talk for ages without getting anywhere. BOL runs at a faster pace.

5. Condiment

Condiment What's a Dremel?

You've missed out on Timeghost but the seires is still available on iTunes. Also check out the Adam and Joe show, very funny!

If you're not adversed to audiobooks i would also reccomend the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy radio series (5 series in total).

6. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I've downloaded Buzz out load and timeghost so I'll see how it goes...

I've got HHGTTG radio show on CD but I haven;t listen to it in ages I keep meaning to go back to that..

I've contemplated auidio books but I thought I'd see how I go with podcasts for a bit as, well there free and I'm broke!!

7. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

if your into photography there's a This Week in Photography podcast that is actually pretty good. I think the average leng is around an hour. If you have a passenger there is also a dilbert video podcast.