1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows FEAR 2 PC specs released

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by D B, 10 Jan 2009.

1. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

... from here ... http://www.projectorigincommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3673
    Yay! .. SM 2.0 ... I'll be able to play it!

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Having finally forked out on a monster PC, I'm getting annoyed with all these developers 'fine-tuning' their games to run on mid-range hardware :lol:

I do hope it turns the FEAR franchise into the kind of epic game it should have been in the first place...

3. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Too true ;) Though it's a pain when they do make a top-spec game and you can't quite reach top settings. :(

I also agree with your second point, lets hope FEAR2 is a bit more of a blockbuster. :thumb:

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

come on developer, don't be scared by GTA4's disappointing comments and give us quad core games.

that requirement seems very low, have they actually made a new engine or is it using the same FEAR1 engine?

5. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

A new engine I believe.
    It looks alot better from the previous games in terms of animation and graphics. And it runs fine on consoles, the first FEAR didn't so much. The last game had terrible performance issues. D=

Thats just speculation from the videos and screenshots i've seen though. So, I dunno...
    *shrugs*

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Bump - there's a trailer available on Steam. Worth a look. It looks rather similar to the first game though, I'm not sure they'll manage to pull the series out of the dirt...

7. RedDethX

RedDethX What's a Dremel?

Pretty sure it's just a modified version of Lithtech EX, same that was used in the first FEAR and it's expansions and Condemned. Maybe that's why they're lower than other games?

EDIT: According to Wiki, it is running on the Lithtech EX, probably most likely heavily modified version of it, just like what companies did with iD Tech 4 engine on newer games.

8. Wopsh

Wopsh Don't own a Dremel :(

There's a demo on steam now so bump. The minimum specs look high to me (I cant run it until i finish my new PC.)

Edit: UNBUMP there is already a thread about the demo I did not see.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2009